Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Cannon -- Watery and not Foamy

jhleung

Question

Hi all, first time post here. Hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy.

Have used the AP foam cannon a couple of times now, and each time I'm getting the same consistency -- the foam output is very thin and is running down the car like water, which is a far cry from the YouTube videos where the foam is thick and stays on the car. II've also noticed that the pressure is quite weak, although my pressure washer seems to be working just fine without foam cannon attachment.

The pressure washer I'm using is the Sun Joe SPX3000, with 2030 max PSI and 1.76 GPM, both are within range of AP's requirements. I've also adjusted the water to foam ratio but still getting the same consistency. Just generally confused so hopefully the kind folks here can provide any insights.

On a separate note, the Air Cannon Dryer has been phenomenon for me!

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Hi, and welcome!

What soap are you using? How much? Have you tried warm water? Have you adjusted the nozzle and/or top knob settings?

Forgot to mention the soap -- I'm using the AP car shampoo, using as directed...  between 2 to 5 ounces.  And yes, I've adjusted both nozzle and knob settings but to no avail.  

Have not yet tried with warm water, but the the hose that connects to the power washer can only supply cold water.

Edited by jhleung

Could be the GPM your Sun Joe is putting out? My gas powered unit is rated at 2.3 GPM and makes awesome foam with just 2oz of Mega, or Ultra Foam Shampoo. I believe it's the GPM that makes the difference, not the PSI, but mine is 2700 PSI.

Could also be the hardness of your water.

The warm water you'll want in the Foam cannon bottle. Open the top dial no more than 1/8 turn from lock shut.

5 hours ago, BRZN said:

Could be the GPM your Sun Joe is putting out? My gas powered unit is rated at 2.3 GPM and makes awesome foam with just 2oz of Mega, or Ultra Foam Shampoo. I believe it's the GPM that makes the difference, not the PSI, but mine is 2700 PSI.

Could also be the hardness of your water.

The warm water you'll want in the Foam cannon bottle. Open the top dial no more than 1/8 turn from lock shut.

Could be. I'll need to borrow a unit with a higher GPM and see how that works out.

To all: do you think switching to a spray gun (rather than a wand) would produce better results?

Welcome to the forum!

What orifice do you have in foam cannon? When I got my red foam cannon I had to replace the orifice. I had the same issue it was just water and no foam. Here's the link if you need to replace your orifice..

https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/collections/pressure-washing/products/copy-of-replacement-orifice-foam-cannon-nozzle

Edited by wildcatz80