Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Spray on the Bike

RayS

I've been thinking about changing the bike to Ceramic Spray Coating and decided today was the day.  The bike has not been out this year so it was exceptionally dirty and really needed some time spent on it.   The first order of business of was to get it outside and take a picture and then hit it with a strip wash.   I'm sure you can see the dust, pollen and who knows what in the first picture.  The bike is a 2002, Suzuki GS850 Intruder and is 100% original.  The kickstand and tires are the only things that have even been on the ground.  

IMG_0733.JPG

After the strip wash and dry, it was into the garage to start the process of making it pretty again.  I had just enough marks that I decided to go with Scratch and Swirl remover and an Orange pad.  The second picture shows the difference with 1/2 the tank completed.    With the exception of the tank and a couple other small areas, everything else was done by hand, but I am confident that that a Micro Polisher would have been helpful.   

IMG_0734.JPG

Next I turned my attention to all the plastic that looks like chrome.  I decided to give the Scratch and Swirl Remover a try and was pleasantly surprised at how well it clean up the turn signals as show in the next two pictures.

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG Now I was able to turn my attention of the real chrome and since I ran out of the old product I was using, I was able try my recently purchased Metal Polish #1 and #2.  I have to say that I am absolutely blown away by how easy it is to use and the results, which are shown in the next picture.  Please note the chrome parts under the shiny area, that is how everything looked to start.  The point being that it not only cleaned it up, which the other product I previously used did also, but I'd say Metal Polish #1 and #2 was half the effort.

IMG_0738.JPG

The seat received Leather Conditioner and then I started on all the red sections with Hand Polish to make them nice and shiny, followed by Surface Prep and then out came the Ceramic Spray Coating.  Just so there is no doubt, I only put the CSC on the red and non-heat conducting areas, the exhaust and engine did not get coated.   Here is the end result, the first picture is with the garage lights off and the second with them on. 

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

I am very pleased with how it turned out, but I also will tell you that as small as the bike is, you'll spend plenty of time getting all the small places cleaned and polished.  I'm sure I'll find some spots on Sunday when I put Ceramic Boost on it that I missed.  That is just part of having a bike, they take time to take care of keep looking good.

Edited by RayS

• 3 months later...

After 18 years of ownership the bike went to a new home today.   The person that bought it spent plenty of time talking about the looks and how I got it looking so good for it's age.  He was also looking at my truck and the Jag, so we had a good discussions about Adam's products.

There is nothing like having multiple vehicles that use a product to advertise it.