Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can I mix Ceramic Spray Coating with UV?

Silverbugeye

Question

12 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, Silverbugeye said:

I have a 12 oz bottle of Gen 2 Ceramic Spray coating. The bottle currently has about 4 oz remaining. Can I mix in UV Ceramic Spray Coating to Gen 2 ? 

Just because there are some variations in the chemical compound of the two products, I would not recommend doing so.   There is no reason why you can't do part of the car with one product and once you run out, start with the next, hopefully at a full panel change or on opposite sides of the vehicle.   Once cured, they should look the same and be taken care of the same way.

I generally save my small amounts for smaller items, such as golf carts, motorcycles, lawn mowers, etc..

2 hours ago, Silverbugeye said:

I have a 12 oz bottle of Gen 2 Ceramic Spray coating. The bottle currently has about 4 oz remaining. Can I mix in UV Ceramic Spray Coating to Gen 2 ? 

By Gen 2 do you mean the white 12oz bottle with black label?

Assuming you mean the white delta logo style bottle and current UV version, I asked our chemist - you're fine to mix, it'll essentially turn the whole thing to UV.

Same would hold true of the current UV and non-UV formulas, for what it's worth.

29 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Assuming you mean the white delta logo style bottle and current UV version, I asked our chemist - you're fine to mix, it'll essentially turn the whole thing to UV.

Same would hold true of the current UV and non-UV formulas, for what it's worth.

The plan was to try and turn it all in UV. I have a 12oz UV on order

98417FF2-63AE-4BAB-A2FF-AB70FE273A17.jpeg

Every product has a different chemical formula. They may be in the same family, but they're cousins.  I wouldn't mix them, but that's just my opinion.