Customer Service 866.965.0400

Picture download issue

07stanggt

For whatever reason, everytime I download new pics, I can not see what was downloaded and will also lead to all of pics being seen in my files. Any of my old photos I have, no issues at all. I just posted a old pic on the forum just now with no issue. I also tried to download new pics I took over the weekend of a detail I did, it wont let me see the pic before I post it on the forum. Pics taken with an I Phone. Any ideas????????

On the iPhone are you using HDR or standard mode?  Also, how are you trying to upload them?  If you are using Chrome, Firefox or Safari you should not be having any issues - Internet Explorer is outdated and many web applications do not support it.  

I have uploaded in the last few days from both the PC and Mac and added pictures I had just taken with the iPhone.  Both the PC and Mac are attached to iCloud so the pictures show up on all my devices.

13 hours ago, RayS said:

On the iPhone are you using HDR or standard mode?  Also, how are you trying to upload them?  If you are using Chrome, Firefox or Safari you should not be having any issues - Internet Explorer is outdated and many web applications do not support it.  

I have uploaded in the last few days from both the PC and Mac and added pictures I had just taken with the iPhone.  Both the PC and Mac are attached to iCloud so the pictures show up on all my devices.

Standard I believe and uploaded to One Drive and or into my Pictures. Didnt seem to have an issue before the forum update? For example, the pic posted below loaded fine, you can see the image befor uplaoding it to the post. JPG File on 6-11-15-dimensions-3264x2448/ Size-1.45 mb. Just noticed, when I tried to downlaod a pic just taken this weekend, it says HEIC file, not JPG file. Is that the issue, how do I get them to download to JPG file instead?? Thanks for any and all help !!:bow:

IMG_0200.JPG

40 minutes ago, 07stanggt said:

Quick update: it seems all my files listed HEIC are the ones that I cant see before I upload them or drag them before posting. Is the HEIC mode an issue uplaoading to Adams website?

HEIC is a format that Apple uses. Are you downloading them from iCloud before uploading them here? I noticed issues with the HEIC format when working on my website. If you download as "Most Compatible", it downloads as jpeg. I'm not sure if this is how you're doing it but it's helped me. 
image.png.9fcec13f93250366e6935117ac1fdb59.png

@07stanggt and @Bscott94

Being a Mac person, I can tell you that you are spot on about the HEIC format and having issue with it.  It is not unique to this site, but applies to many of the forums that I belong to, the HEIC probably fails to upload on 90% of them.  Switching to Most Compatible makes all the difference.