Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing Pads - SK polisher

Will_Cog

Question

Just curious if anyone has tried to make 2" blue compound pads from a 5.5" blue compound pad? I bought the SK micro polisher not knowing they didn't come with any pads. I have lots of larger pads from mystery boxes, flash sales etc...I'm like a kid in the candy store, I got a new toy and I want to try it out now and not wait to purchase the 2" pads.

Thanks!!

Will

3 answers to this question

I have found that a pair of tin snips works wonders on cutting pads.   The backing on some of the pads is a lot thicker and harder that you may realize. 

I have cut up several into strips that I can use by hand to get under door handles and such where a polisher just doesn't fit.

There are pad punch kits out there that are very expensive like mc2hill mentioned; however forum rules prevent us from linking competitor websites. One kit is professional use and I believe requires training to purchase it. 

Cutting pads with scissors could potentially be risky too - if the pad is not cut perfectly, it could wobble, vibrate, and may cause the machine to stall out more easily if the pad is off balance.