Customer Service 866.965.0400

Its time to Ceramic Coat

07stanggt

Question

I have a couple Graphene Coating  kits with light coming and have some questions for staff or people that have applied Graphene Coating already.

1-Do I have to throw away the towels/applicators away after wiping down/applying the coating? I hear the product crystalizes and becomes rough. Can I wash them?

2- How many applications can I get out of a 60mm bottle?

3-I have the uv light coming, easier to apply in the dark or stay with my usual lighting when applying? Any difference using a black light as opposed to a uv light? 

Thanks for all and any input 

9 answers to this question

I'll offer my two cents...

1) If you use the one side perpendicular to the seam first vs. the side opposite the seam, you may be able to get two uses out of it by using the other pendicular side. But it'll need to be tossed after because it will harden. 

Towels "can" be washed, but do not reintroduce them to the paint because it can crystallize in the towels, especially the traditional form. Save them for dirty jobs like engine bays, door jams, etc. Or toss them, and if you're starting a business, consider the cost in your pricing. Mark them in some way, like cutting off the corners on a borderless grey or with a Sharpie. The suede the towels in the kit should be tossed.

2) You should get 2-3 average sized cars from one bottle, with one layer.

3) Agreed with Chris, it's easier to see in darker environment, and easier on some colors than others. Once you get used to it, you'll know what you're looking for. The light that comes with it is designed for use with the UV tracer, at 395NM. It won't necessarily react under just any black lighting.

On 10/31/2020 at 7:36 PM, RayS said:

Hi Jimmy,

Generally, if you can catch a finger nail on it, it is too deep to take out with a Swirl Killer. 

That I know, my question is, do I need to remove the Ceramic Coating in that area and if so HOW do I remove the ceramic ?

7 hours ago, 07stanggt said:

That I know, my question is, do I need to remove the Ceramic Coating in that area and if so HOW do I remove the ceramic ?

You would need to machine polish out the scratch, and that should remove the coating in that area.  Once it scratch is gone, prep the affected area and reapply the coating.

14 hours ago, mc2hill said:

You would need to machine polish out the scratch, and that should remove the coating in that area.  Once it scratch is gone, prep the affected area and reapply the coating.

Sweet, that's what I thought. My guess is redo the application steps, the uv light should be able to pick up the areas the need reapplication. Thanks.

16 hours ago, 07stanggt said:

Sweet, that's what I thought. My guess is redo the application steps, the uv light should be able to pick up the areas the need reapplication. Thanks.

Not exactly. The UV tracer isn't a wear indicator, so if there isn't any UV that doesn't mean the coating is completely gone. That said, just reapply in the small section you polished, even overlapping surrounding areas a bit, and you'll be fine.

8 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Not exactly. The UV tracer isn't a wear indicator, so if there isn't any UV that doesn't mean the coating is completely gone. That said, just reapply in the small section you polished, even overlapping surrounding areas a bit, and you'll be fine.

Got it, TY !!