Customer Service 866.965.0400

New customer to Adam's Polishes help me out

Moon

Question

So i went on Adam's Polishes store page and got the Iron Remover and the Pumpkin Spice Detail Spray plus the mega foam and a foam cannon. 

My question is I have never really been the type to wash my truck I usually pay someone to do it but i want to try it myself.

Out of everything I bought from their store what would I use first the Iron remover or the pumpkin spice detail spray? cause of course the mega foam come first also i got the 2 buckets for the "double bucket method" can someone give me their I guess system of washing a truck??

3 answers to this question

I wash the car first, two bucket.  Foam it up real good first, let it do its work, then wash it .  Then while it's still wet, apply the Iron Remover.   You can use the Detail Spray as a drying aid................in other words, while your ride is wet, spray the Detail Spray on a section and wipe. You'll need a couple of towels because the one you use for the first pass will get real wet, and you'll want to use a dryer one to make sure it's dry and streak free. 

Welcome to the forum Moon, and thank you for your business!

I'll add to Rich's post - it's implied, but make sure you very thoroughly rinse off all of the Iron Remover chemical with a strong stream from your garden hose (or pressure washer at a safe distance, 12"-18" away) before using the Detail Spray as a drying aid. I actually do my order of operations a little different than Rich, but either method is fine - I'll rinse the vehicle with the pressure washer, then apply Iron Remover and allow it to work, then rinse the Iron Remover, and then finally use the Mega Foam and Foam Cannon and do a two-bucket wash. This way I ensure that the soap removes any Iron Remover chemical that I may have missed rinsing off earlier.

Here's an overview video of Iron Remover. Use it in the shade if possible, and do not let it dry onto any surface. I try to keep it only on painted surfaces and avoid textured plastics if possible.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!