Customer Service 866.965.0400

How long once bottle is open?

rrmccabe

Question

8 answers to this question

Thanks Chris

That is longer than I expected.  In 30 days I should be able to get the ambition to do wheels, running boards and grill. Good chance I will do running boards today anyway.  The wheels have another brand of ceramic  on them and so I might just clean them and put boost on.

Rich

Another question(s) for those that have used graphene coating.  I was expecting more sticky on removal.  The stuff is rainbowing but just does not seem to really get that tacky. I expected a little more of a work out. Truck is 70 degrees as its been in a climate controlled garage for 2 days.

I have a UV flashlight (non Adams) but it really does not seem to work very well for showing the coating. Maybe because the truck is iridescent pearl?

2 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Another question(s) for those that have used graphene coating.  I was expecting more sticky on removal.  The stuff is rainbowing but just does not seem to really get that tacky. I expected a little more of a work out. Truck is 70 degrees as its been in a climate controlled garage for 2 days.

I have a UV flashlight (non Adams) but it really does not seem to work very well for showing the coating. Maybe because the truck is iridescent pearl?

Sticky/tacky feeling during removal will depend on humidity too. If humidity is low, the Graphene Ceramic Coating can take a little longer to get tacky. It will have slight tension on your towel, nothing super tough though, as it was made to be easy to work with. I usually let it sit on the surface for 2-5 minutes, depending on temperature and humidity, and then remove it. Type of towel used for removal will also affect how tacky it feels. I use the Suede Towel to do an initial wipe and remove about 50% of the residue - this will have tension for me. Then I wait about 30 seconds and remove the rest with an Edgeless Utility or Single Soft - the second towel will glide much easier.

With the UV flashlight, different colors will show up better than others. I usually wait to use the light until after I'm done coating everything. Then I drop the lights in my garage and go around with the UV flashlight to spot-check the vehicle. Looking at panels from different angles can also show the UV glow better, and brightness of the light may affect it too, make sure it has fresh batteries. But yes, it's much easier to see the UV tracer glow on a black vehicle than a white pearl for example in my experience.

Hey Dan,

Thanks for response. I ended up waiting 4 minutes per section and then wiping it off. I am seriously concerned that I wiped most of it off.  I never really did feel it get that tacky.  I used the suede towels (both of them) alternating and flipping and then when done used a single soft to polish it out.  I really do not want to do this again for a while. Wondering if I should order another bottle of graphene and do it again and let it sit 5 or 6 or even 7 minutes.  The Adams video I was was really not on panel long so I did not want to wait longer.

So should I order more?

If you waited 4 minutes that should be more than enough time for it to flash onto the surface. Typically I will watch it rainbow, then once the rainbow begins to dissipate a little into a more clear look, then I wipe it away. I don't think you need to reorder more, I think you'll be totally fine as-is and then just maintain it once a month or so with your favorite ceramic maintenance product - mine are currently Graphene Detail Spray and CS3.

Dan, I actually ordered more and then cancelled it.  I had enough left in bottle to go over the painted surfaces again.

It has always been a fear to leave ceramic on too long. But on the second coat I decided I would try a panel and see how it worked. It really took about 8 to 10 minutes before I think it was ready.  70 degrees and I am guessing pretty high humidity in garage.  The first time at 4 minutes was basically like wiping oil back off. At 8 to 10 minutes it was more like wiping off old school paste wax.

I guess live and learn. Just did not expect it take that long. But on the bright side I could pretty much do an entire door or fender.  Doing a 2' x 2' section and then waiting 10 minutes would have sucked.

But I feel good about it now and the next time around :)

Thanks

Rich

PS:  Do you guys know there are a bunch of broken icon images, etc. on the forum?

20201119_162111.jpg

Edited by rrmccabe

15 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Dan, I actually ordered more and then cancelled it.  I had enough left in bottle to go over the painted surfaces again.

It has always been a fear to leave ceramic on too long. But on the second coat I decided I would try a panel and see how it worked. It really took about 8 to 10 minutes before I think it was ready.  70 degrees and I am guessing pretty high humidity in garage.  The first time at 4 minutes was basically like wiping oil back off. At 8 to 10 minutes it was more like wiping off old school paste wax.

I guess live and learn. Just did not expect it take that long. But on the bright side I could pretty much do an entire door or fender.  Doing a 2' x 2' section and then waiting 10 minutes would have sucked.

But I feel good about it now and the next time around :)

Thanks

Rich

PS:  Do you guys know there are a bunch of broken icon images, etc. on the forum?

20201119_162111.jpg

Looks great! Yes we're aware of the broken images. It's a certificate issue...working on it.