Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Cleaner + Graphene Spray Coating

aa146

Question

6 answers to this question

To help get the best results possible and allow the coating to fully bond, the paint and glass need to be completely clean. To get that, you really should use something like Surface Prep that will remove any wax, sealant or polish oils. A 50/50 isopropyl alcohol based solution will work, too, but Surface Prep is designed for it.

When you do apply it, be sure to level and remove residue from your trim. The instructions may say otherwise, but that's been known to cause unwanted and difficult to remove streaks.

I always use the Surface Prep before I apply any of the coatings.  Alcohol will work just fine if you don't have any. But like Falcaineer said.........the surface has to be totally free of any oils, wax, sprays, etc. for the coating to stick and give you the best results.

On 11/25/2020 at 11:31 PM, falcaineer said:

To help get the best results possible and allow the coating to fully bond, the paint and glass need to be completely clean. To get that, you really should use something like Surface Prep that will remove any wax, sealant or polish oils. A 50/50 isopropyl alcohol based solution will work, too, but Surface Prep is designed for it.

When you do apply it, be sure to level and remove residue from your trim. The instructions may say otherwise, but that's been known to cause unwanted and difficult to remove streaks.

Does the presence of hard water spots cause any issue with the coating bonding to the glass?  My suburban has some that resist everything I through at them.  Polish seems to do the best.  I want to put the spray coating on the glass but don't want to waste time and money.

On 11/28/2020 at 6:21 PM, UofAZCats said:

Does the presence of hard water spots cause any issue with the coating bonding to the glass?  My suburban has some that resist everything I through at them.  Polish seems to do the best.  I want to put the spray coating on the glass but don't want to waste time and money.

Have you tried some 0000 steel wool and glass cleaner as lube? That worked for me with some bad water spots.