Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone still using carnuba products?

HAMBO

Question

Hi everyone,

Recently got a new car, so am starting from a 'blank slate' in applying LSPs. Want to start adding layers of protection to it, and I was wondering whether anyone is still using carnuba products these days? I have a bunch of Buttery Wax, Spray Wax and other stuff that I think are great products, but seems the trend today is all about ceramics (which I use on my other car) and graphene. 

Curious whether anyone is still using these in some routine way?

Thanks! 

5 answers to this question

Hi Abraham,

I am still using multiple carnauba products, although not on any of my personal vehicles.  I regularly get vehicles where the owner doesn't want to invest in the ceramic side, so they go with Paint Sealant and either Americana Wax or Ceramic Paste Wax 1.0.   I love applying Buttery Wax, it is probably my favorite wax to use from an application standpoint, it is the longevity that you need to plan for.  If it is your vehicle and don't rewaxing about once a month, then absolutely use it and if you use Paint Sealant base as the base, you'll have good protection for layering.

I use Spray Wax on my ceramic vehicles for the side and back windows.  I have found that it doesn't streak, is easy to apply and nothing sticks to it.  I have it used it on travel trailers, enclosed trailers and on a few entire cars and thought it did an excellent job.  I also use it around the house on items that need to sit outside, but I want to still have some protection from the elements.

Hard to beat the deep, wet look of a quality carnauba wax. If it's what you enjoy and like, go for it! 

Like Ray, I use it more on client cars that don't want to invest in ceramics, but to each their own. It's your car, and there's a reason Adam's still offers them.

If not applying the Ceramic Coatings from the 50 or 60ml bottles, I find using the Ceramic Spray Coatings to be a much more efficient use of my time when doing customer cars verses waxing, using a sealant, or even using H2O Guard & Gloss. The ceramic sprays are so quick and easy to apply and remove, and have longevity far superior to waxes or sealants. It helps keep the cost down to the customer, and keeps the vehicle protected longer.

That being said some vehicles I'll talk customers into using a paste wax. These would be older cars with older or original paint jobs. As @falcaneer just mentioned above I too tend to like the look of a carnauba wax on these vehicles. Also on show cars where defects/marring may need more attention than on daily drivers.

Waxed:

2009 Porsche 997 Americana Paste Wax

1969 Z28 Camaro Patriot Paste Wax

On my 2006 Pontiac GTO Garage Queen/Show Car I've Ceramic Coated the front clip that has PPF applied and have waxed the remainder of the car with Patriot Paste Wax.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

Can't go wrong with Patriot.  But like you, I wasn't ready to go all ceramic, so I started out with the Ceramic Paste Wax on the Cadillac and the Vette . Very happy with the results, and easy to maintain with the Boost.  When I bought the Equinox, I decided to give the Graphene Ceramic Spray a try. Gave it the full breakdown, wash, clay, polish, wipe down, and Graphene.  Much easier and less time consuming than the regular Graphene and FANTASTIC results.  The Nox is black, so it's very unforgiving and it came out near perfect.  I maintain it with the Graphene Detail Spray, and one day when I was just goofing off, I wiped down the CPW coated Vette with the Graphene DS, and let me tell you................it looks like it's dipped in clear coat!  Amazing difference.  

Anyhow, you don't have to go into the full hard core ceramic or graphene route.  The sprays and/or the ceramic paste wax give great results.