Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rubberized “Wheel” Brush??

galaxy

Question

I call it a “wheel” brush because I don’t think there’s no way I’m using this thing on my wheels?  Just got one, but there’s no way it’s soft enough to not mar my gloss black powder coated wheels. Not even gonna take the chance. You guys using this brush on anything similar (dark/gloss) with safe results? 

9E7E4857-B15D-40C1-BE69-08F10B78CA01.jpeg

3 answers to this question

Hi Jon,

Since you didn't include a picture of the brush, I'm going to take a guess that you are referring to the Adam's Turbo Stick Wheel Cleaning tool.  

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/exterior-wheel-tire-brushes/products/adam-s-turbo-stick-wheel-cleaning-tool

I use mine on a regular basis on wheels that are very dirty, steel wheels and such.  I do not use it on well maintained, polished or coated wheels as it isn't needed on them and just I use the wheel woolie if I even need that.  Otherwise, it is shampoo and water the vast majority of the time. 

I think you mean this one...

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/new-just-in/products/adams-rubberized-wheel-brush

Honestly, I'd be hesitant to use it on those wheels, as well. The bristles are stiffer than the original wheel brush, even when wet. I'd recommend it more for stock wheels than anything delicate.

Bumping this one with a quick comment and update:

I agree with Chris, I would not use the new rubberized wheel brush on those beautiful wheels. It has been tested to work well on most factory wheel finishes, but on a gloss black or raw aluminum finish I would not personally recommend it. I am dedicating mine to scrubbing inner fender liners. 

The product development team did mention on a recent facebook post that the bristles are being updated for the next batch, but I don't know how soon that will happen.