Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior odors

WILDSS

Question

Hey guys! Been a while since I've been on the forum and I have a question. My kids interior smells bad, due to pot smoking. I won't argue the legality of pot (I voted yes, now regret it), but I'd like to eliminate the odor as my daughter is finishing up college and will be applying for jobs. Any suggestions would help.

5 answers to this question

Welcome! 

I live in CO but haven't had to deal with pot smells in cars, at least not yet. Adam's sells an Odor Bomb and bag kit (link below) but unless whoever is smoking it in the car stops doing so, it'll only be temporary. You may also have to look at something like an Ozone machine (not sold by Adam's, link below).

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-odor-bomb-odor-bag-combo

https://www.amazon.com/Enerzen-Commercial-Industrial-Deodorizer-Sterilizer/dp/B00JAP733I/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2XFIRI2YVG64U&dchild=1&keywords=enerzen+commercial+ozone+generator&qid=1609096659&s=home-garden&sprefix=Enerzen%2Caps%2C235&sr=1-5

7 hours ago, WILDSS said:

Great advise, thanks. Going to try the Adams Odor Bomb and bag kit first. 

You're welcome. Follow the instructions carefully to get the best results possible.

By the way, the Ozone machine I linked to isn't the only option, but it's the one is use and have gotten great outcomes, killing any odors.

For the any type of smoke whether it be cigarettes, cigars, pipe or joints, the Odor Bomb works pretty good.   If the seats and headliner are cloth, you may get some odor coming back after the vehicles has been used and sat in the sun.   I also recommend a good cleaning with Carpet and Upholstery cleaner for anything fabric related and the Leather Conditioner or anything vinyl or leather leather, including both sides of the sun visors.   If it is a sedan, don't forget the area being the back seat and truck and the door panels are another are to to hit.

As Chris stated, the important thing to do is stop smoking in the vehicle to keep it smelling clean once you getting smelling better. 

4 hours ago, DeniseDArteaga said:

I think best way is to actually clean it. It’s not the air that smells, its the things in the car. Dirt, food, stuff, stuck to the fabric of seats and carpeting. Wet cleaning with appropriate vacuum cleaner is the best way.

He said it was from pot, not food or dirt.  Odor bombs work great, and then hit it with any of the Odor Neutralizer scents.