Customer Service 866.965.0400

drying vehicle

brihy1

Question

i washed my vehicle(jeep compass,Black) yesterday which in north carolina was about 62 outside.When i got done and started drying the vehicle alot of the car was dry which i noticed water spotting.I was able to get rid of the spots by pushing harder when drying.In the summer here it gets very hot and my 2 vehicles being black i have no chance of drying because they dry so fast.Is there a trick or am i doing something wrong here that the vehicles dry b4 i can wipe them down and dry them properly?

Rinse car pressure washer

Foam cannon

Wash car

Rinse pressure washer

attempt to dry

17 answers to this question

You can use spray detailer as a drying aid. After your final rinse, spray detailing spray all over the vehicle then dry as usual. This will help mitigate the water spotting and the ones that are there will be easier to come off.

Sheet rinsing followed by Detail Spray, CS3 or Graphene Detail Spray have become my preferred method.  I really like the Graphene Detail Spray, it gives the vehicle an extra pop, even more than what Brilliant Glaze used to do.

1.)Wash in the shade. If no shade, wash in the early morning or evening

2.)Don't rinse the soap off the vehicle until you're done washing the entire vehicle

3.)Sheet rinse and dry using Detail Spray as a drying aide

or

3a.)after you rinse off the soap, rinse that water off (that contains minerals that leave spotting) with Deionized, Reverse Osmosis, or Distilled water

then

4.)blow dry the vehicle with an Air Cannon

5 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

I might add, consider either Graphene Spray or Graphene Ceramic coating your vehicle.  A coated vehicle is 10 times easier to wash and dry the paint is super hydrophobic.

I have both graphene spray & graphine ceramic coating but have not had the time to do a nice paint correction and coat it yet on my jeep compass but plan to.I have done my wifes black jeep renegage with the graphene ceramic coating and it looks great but its sitting in garage and has not needed washed yet.

Lots of excellent suggestions here. I don't have much to add other than when you use Graphene Detail Spray, CS3, or H2O Guard & Gloss as a drying aid, you do not need to use a lot of product - 2 or 3 light mists per panel is usually enough to help with wiping away any fresh water spots and leave the finish looking great. If you use too much, you could notice some unwanted streaking and smearing while drying.

If there is any sunshine, I move the vehicle into my garage to dry it, but that is not an option for everyone. If you can move the vehicle into the shade like Dave mentioned, even if it's just for drying if washing in the shade isn't an option, it will help. If my garage bays are full and the vehicles cannot be moved due to another detail, I'll sometimes move the vehicle I just washed into my front yard to use the shadows from my house to provide shade for drying.

On 1/5/2021 at 5:40 AM, BRZN said:

1.)Wash in the shade. If no shade, wash in the early morning or evening

2.)Don't rinse the soap off the vehicle until you're done washing the entire vehicle

3.)Sheet rinse and dry using Detail Spray as a drying aide

or

3a.)after you rinse off the soap, rinse that water off (that contains minerals that leave spotting) with Deionized, Reverse Osmosis, or Distilled water

then

4.)blow dry the vehicle with an Air Cannon

Words to live by right there.

I never ever wash in direct sunlight. I also have a Black car. I always use a drying aid , usually just detail spray. I don't use CS3 in that manner I use it as a topper on my Ceramic coating. I use a Leaf Blower to get the water out of the cracks and off the wheels and tires. Then I use a Drying towel.

Edited by Mantis

9 hours ago, Sherry hildebrandt said:

How do you dry the roof of an Escalade it’s really hard to get a whammy up there 

I used my stool that @falcaineerrecommended three times today, 2 SUV's and one pickup.  It also gets plenty of use around the house besides the vehicles being a nice solid platform to stand on, yet light weight and easy to move.