Customer Service 866.965.0400

I was wondering where the idea to carry oil, tranny fluid, came from, or more important, why? Being a huge fan of Adams products for many many years now, why this direction for the company. I know everyone needs to diversify. I remember when Adams hangers, socks, mugs etc came out, but was wondering when the Adams Shaving Kit, tooth brush and tooth paste set, office supplies, microwave oven, will be coming out ? I prefer a 16 oz bottle of convertible top cleaner, chrome polish or other detailing products that you don't have which I have to buy elsewhere, to oil for my car. I prefer Amasoil if it matters. This is by NO means meant to take anything away from Adams other awesome products, nor am I going to switch brands, but please stick with the products that got you guys where you are today, and focus on NEW DETAILING products you don't have out now and or things that make my car stay at its best for detailing, I don't need another flannel or beanie. Love Adams products, best customer service ever, nothing is going to change my mind about your detailing products, but.

FYI, if you come out with a shaving kit, I'll take one LOL !!

7 hours ago, 07stanggt said:

I was wondering where the idea to carry oil, tranny fluid, came from, or more important, why? Being a huge fan of Adams products for many many years now, why this direction for the company. I know everyone needs to diversify. I remember when Adams hangers, socks, mugs etc came out, but was wondering when the Adams Shaving Kit, tooth brush and tooth paste set, office supplies, microwave oven, will be coming out ? I prefer a 16 oz bottle of convertible top cleaner, chrome polish or other detailing products that you don't have which I have to buy elsewhere, to oil for my car. I prefer Amasoil if it matters. This is by NO means meant to take anything away from Adams other awesome products, nor am I going to switch brands, but please stick with the products that got you guys where you are today, and focus on NEW DETAILING products you don't have out now and or things that make my car stay at its best for detailing, I don't need another flannel or beanie. Love Adams products, best customer service ever, nothing is going to change my mind about your detailing products, but.

FYI, if you come out with a shaving kit, I'll take one LOL !!

I agree, Jimmy!  I'm a big fan of Adam's and the detailing products for which he and his company are known - have been for many years.  Understand the desire to grow, but not when it comes with diversification into (largely) unrelated areas/products.  (I get that detailing products and lubricants are both used on/in motor vehicles, but...)  IMO, this results in brand dilution.  There was a time when I proudly used nearly every product Adam's sold, but those days are long gone.  I can't keep-up with the constant flow of new/different stuff, especially when it's not for detailing.  I'm loyal to Adam's for my detailing needs and I like having autographed Adam's sign in my Man Cave, but I'm comfortable with Amsoil for my automotive lubrication needs. 🍻

Edited by Norton

11 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Adam's partnered with Recochem last year, I'd say this is an offshoot of that new arrangement. 

Understandable. Many companies combine operations, and carry different products, doesn't mean it needs to be under the same umbrella, is what I meant in my post :)

This is the way many large companies have evolved.  It's part of the process of growth.  Doesn't diminish or take away from the great car care products from Adam's that we've enjoyed all these years.  It's just an expansion.  They're just putting it out there for those who might have need or want it.  Won't stop me from buying my car care products from Adam's.  They're still the best I've tried in my 74 years. 

17 hours ago, Rich said:

This is the way many large companies have evolved.  It's part of the process of growth.  Doesn't diminish or take away from the great car care products from Adam's that we've enjoyed all these years.  It's just an expansion.  They're just putting it out there for those who might have need or want it.  Won't stop me from buying my car care products from Adam's.  They're still the best I've tried in my 74 years. 

Wont be changing my car care product line either. Best products I have ever used. It is just odd to have the two products so different, and IMHO, not relative to each other on the Adams website. Looking at the Recochem Co., I can see where this will lead to. Being a chemical company, it will lead Adams into different products like washer fluid, etc etc, expanding the Adams brand name. Understandable. Just want the Adams brand to stick to being the best car care product out there, not having Adam around has definitely changed things as can been seen in the diversity and expansion of products. That being said, please put your chemical scientist in a room and come out with a awesome chrome cleaner please ! 

Hi Jimmy,  I have a few comments on this thread.  From the chemical compound aspect, I can tell you that Ultra Shampoo and and Oil can be cleaned up from your garage floor using kitty litter and then APC will help lift it off the concrete.   It doesn't matter if it is a 16 oz bottle of Ultra Shampoo or a quarter of Oil, it works for both.  I have taken the scientific test to ensure that the theory was correct.  As a side note, there are two really nice clean areas on my garage floor from the testing.

As for the Chrome cleaner, while I am always looking for improvements, I have to say I am absolutely satisfied with the results that I got when I cleaned up the 20 year old bike and made it shine.   It proved the point that I have been informed that I have a couple of bikes heading my way this spring to do. 

On 1/14/2021 at 6:38 AM, 07stanggt said:

Wont be changing my car care product line either. Best products I have ever used. It is just odd to have the two products so different, and IMHO, not relative to each other on the Adams website. Looking at the Recochem Co., I can see where this will lead to. Being a chemical company, it will lead Adams into different products like washer fluid, etc etc, expanding the Adams brand name. Understandable. Just want the Adams brand to stick to being the best car care product out there, not having Adam around has definitely changed things as can been seen in the diversity and expansion of products. That being said, please put your chemical scientist in a room and come out with a awesome chrome cleaner please ! 

With Recochem acquiring Adam's Polishes and our blending company last year, as well as the recently announced POR-15 partnership, this provides exciting new technologies to not only expand the brand, but to develop and offer new technologies and products, and grow the international audience too since Recochem is a worldwide company. I have not discussed this with anyone yet, but I suspect that we may eventually have category tabs on the website for partner products. They're under New Products right now because they're new, and that is typically the most browsed section of the website.

Rest assured, as you said, we always strive to offer the best car care products out there. Even just last night, our chemist showed me some very cool things he is working on, but I can't discuss that quite yet!