Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Toyota

richnmib

Question

I picked up a new Tacoma. It has the clear bra, or Toyotas version of it, on the hood, mirrors and under the door handles.  Can I treat it like paint?  Clay it, polish it, etc.  Can I use Graphene products on it. This is new to me. 
thank you

7 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum!  :welcomebanner:  To protect the very edges of the bra, you can tape it off and cover the very edges.  One thing I've found with clear protective film is that product will build up on the edges over time.  It will show up white on dark vehicles and dark on lighter ones.  And then you'll see exactly where the film is, and you don't really want to do that.  

I have found the Toyota PPF to polish up nicely, but a little on the soft side.  If you have any doubts on the ability to prevent heat buildup while machine polishing, don't hesitate to hand polish it.  Once it has been polished and you apply the coating it should look great and be less susceptible to embedded swirl marks.  According to what the dealer did with the vehicle, the less you need to touch the PPF, the better off you are.

I've never had any problems polishing PPF, but I recommend sticking with the least aggressive approach that yields the result you want.  I haven't seen it produced in years but, if you can find it, Adam's Clear Polish (designed and formulated for vinyl wraps and PPF) works well.

20210129_000428.jpg

11 hours ago, RayS said:

I have found the Toyota PPF to polish up nicely, but a little on the soft side.  If you have any doubts on the ability to prevent heat buildup while machine polishing, don't hesitate to hand polish it.  Once it has been polished and you apply the coating it should look great and be less susceptible to embedded swirl marks.  According to what the dealer did with the vehicle, the less you need to touch the PPF, the better off you are.

Would Adams Revive hand polish would be ok?