Customer Service 866.965.0400

Exhaust tip coating

Silverbugeye

Question

4 answers to this question

Any protection I've applied to my vehicles exhaust tips seems to burn off rather quickly due to the exhaust temp: Glaze, Wax, Sealants, and Ceramics. The Ceramic coatings do tend to last longest. The key to keeping them looking new is to clean them every time you wash the vehicle. I'll use All Purpose Cleaner, Eco All Purpose Cleaner, or Tire & Rubber Cleaner with a Wheel Woolie, or cheap four finger microfiber mesh mitt. After the vehicle's dry I'll wipe the outside and inside of the tips with Metal Polish #2. If it's a customers vehicle and the tips have been neglected I'll use 0000 Steel Wool with the detergents listed above or Glass Cleaner, or WD-40 as the lubricant.

4 hours ago, BRZN said:

Any protection I've applied to my vehicles exhaust tips seems to burn off rather quickly due to the exhaust temp: Glaze, Wax, Sealants, and Ceramics. The Ceramic coatings do tend to last longest. The key to keeping them looking new is to clean them every time you wash the vehicle. I'll use All Purpose Cleaner, Eco All Purpose Cleaner, or Tire & Rubber Cleaner with a Wheel Woolie, or cheap four finger microfiber mesh mitt. After the vehicle's dry I'll wipe the outside and inside of the tips with Metal Polish #2. If it's a customers vehicle and the tips have been neglected I'll use 0000 Steel Wool with the detergents listed above or Glass Cleaner, or WD-40 as the lubricant.

:iagree:  Aside from Eco All Purpose Cleaner, of which I'm not a fan, this mirrors my experience.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:49 AM, BRZN said:

WD-40 for lube, great idea!!