Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you clean the suede microfiber towel after applying ceramic coating?

deeZ

Question

I just finished applying ceramic coating and am wondering how to clean the suede towels? Is it a good idea to put in the home washing machine and clean it like my other microfiber towels? Will the ceramic coating come off and would it ruin my washing machine?

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, deeZ said:

Thank you both for the advice and information. Tossed them out and washed the plush towels :)

I highly recommend you now mark them somehow, maybe with a Sharpie and an X in the corner, or if they're the Borderless Greys, you can cut off a corner or two. That way you know they're now relegated to dirty jobs and not the paint.

First, welcome!

The suede towels should be tossed, no way to clean them that I know of. Cost of doing business. Any other towels you used for the coating can be washed but don't reintroduce them to the paint since the coating can cure in the towels and scratch/swirl your car.

Good advice from Falcaineer.  Toss em.  Trying to wash them will definitely effect your washing machine and cost you some repairs down the road.  If you can't afford to toss them, at least soak them in a bucket with Microfiber Revitalizer and hot water to try and get it out before putting it in the washer. They may still harden on you though and you won't want to reuse them and risk scratching your paint. I soak my regular micros anyhow when I use the ceramic products before washing.  Never tried suede micros.