Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash Mitt issue

ChasKSC

Question

Hey guys, 

Just used the grey microfiber wash mitt - NOT the white & black one - the one with more thicker fibers; 

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-grey-microfiber-wash-mitt

Anywhoo, I used two 5 gallon buckets filled just halfway with the grit guards. The mitt really soaks up the water, to the point where halfway thru my wash, the buckets were almost empty. They are new buckets, no leaks and I was careful. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

What kind of car are you washing?  I think a lot would depend on how dirty your car is too and how frequently your cleaning and dipping yourself wash mitt in the soap.  If your car is really dirty and your having to clean multiple times per panel then you will go through a lot more soap. But if it was that dirty I would recommend a pre soak or trying to hose some of the dirt off before washing. 

I have a WRX which is a normal sedan and I use the same mitt and have plenty of water in both buckets after a wash. I can normally wash a full panel using not my sides of the mitt before cleaning it. 

1 hour ago, QuickSilver20 said:

What kind of car are you washing?  I think a lot would depend on how dirty your car is too and how frequently your cleaning and dipping yourself wash mitt in the soap.  If your car is really dirty and your having to clean multiple times per panel then you will go through a lot more soap. But if it was that dirty I would recommend a pre soak or trying to hose some of the dirt off before washing. 

I have a WRX which is a normal sedan and I use the same mitt and have plenty of water in both buckets after a wash. I can normally wash a full panel using not my sides of the mitt before cleaning it. 

It's a Subaru Legacy. I certainly pressure wash all the excess dirt off, use the two bucket method and do one panel at a time. I had used microfiber towels which never had this issue - although had it's own issues  - but wanted to try the mitt. The soap is the Ultra Foam soap. I'll try again lol.   What wash mitt do you use - and how's the WRX treating you? Love that car. 

Edited by ChasKSC

I use the 2 bucket method with a chenille wash mitt filling both my wash and rinse buckets all the way up and don't have any issues washing my truck even when it is really dirty in NE winters. Foam first and use both sides of the mitt. I do one panel with 1 side and another panel with the other before rinsing and going back to the rinse bucket.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:46 AM, ChasKSC said:

It's a Subaru Legacy. I certainly pressure wash all the excess dirt off, use the two bucket method and do one panel at a time. I had used microfiber towels which never had this issue - although had it's own issues  - but wanted to try the mitt. The soap is the Ultra Foam soap. I'll try again lol.   What wash mitt do you use - and how's the WRX treating you? Love that car. 

I use both Adams wash pad but also have a mitt like the one your using just a different brand.  The mitts will definitely work better the microfiber towels.  Another tip would be to start at the top of the car and less dirty panels and you should be able to cover more area without getting more water.  I use 3.5 gallon buckets and have plenty or soap when I’m done. 

and I’m loving the WRX so far. I have it in the world rally blue and it’s a blast to drive and absolutely love the color. 

Edited by QuickSilver20

The Grey mitt really soaks up the water or soap.  I've found that if I use the hand in mitt and just give it a squeeze once I have pulled it out of the water, I go through a lot less water.  It isn't changing how the vehicle gets cleaned, but it reducing how much water is just running out of the mitt on the way back to the car.

The next time you the mitt pay attention to how much goes all over the ground before touch the car or how much gushes out when you put it against the car.  If there is a lot, then you know you can squeeze a little more out during the next rinse/soap cycle.

22 hours ago, ChasKSC said:

Just used the grey microfiber wash mitt - NOT the white & black one - the one with more thicker fibers; 

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-grey-microfiber-wash-mitt

Anywhoo, I used two 5 gallon buckets filled just halfway with the grit guards. The mitt really soaks up the water, to the point where halfway thru my wash, the buckets were almost empty. They are new buckets, no leaks and I was careful. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Not sure I understand the "problem."  I suggest adding more water to the buckets.

Sounds like you have no access to a hose and that the half full buckets are as much as you can carry.  If that's the case, I would suggest you half fill each bucket, but when you get to your car, dump the rinse water into the wash water bucket to make it full. Then go back to the house to half fill the rinse bucket again, then find another container to carry some more water to your rinse bucket to fill it.   I never wash my rides with anything less than a full bucket.