Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not enough suds

ChasKSC

Question

Hey guys, 

I have the Mega foam shampoo and I wash my car at the local self service wash, with their pressure washer. My process is, I fill up my Adams 5 gallon bucket about 3/4ths at home with warm water, but add the soap at the wash, with a bit of added water from the pressure washer to suds it up. My issue is, halfway washing, there is usually not enough suds and I feel it's mostly just water. Any suggestions on how to get more suds? If a suggestion is less initial water, then any suggestions on how to not have the suds blow in my face at the wash? lol. Any other tips to make it easy at the self service wash would be helpful too. Thanks!

2 answers to this question

When I lived up north, I did a very similar method and through multiple trial and error sessions (more errors than anything else), I found the best solution for me.   I would put the shampoo in a bottle about the size of a Mason Jar.   Put a few ounces of shampoo in the bottle, fill the bottle about 3/4 of way up with water and head to the car wash.  Once you get everything ready, shake the jar to mix the shampoo and water, then pour it into the bucket.

The mixed shampoo with spread throughout the water vs squirting it directly into the bucket which causes about 70% of it to sink to the bottom of the bucket. The goal is to disperse the shampoo as widely as possible in the bucket. If that doesn't work well enough, then stir it up before adding additional water.

I found putting the soap on the wash mitt your using is best. About half way thru I'll hit the mitt while it's in the bucket and it suds right back up. I believe there is a Adams video showing to put the car shampoo onto the mitt not in the bucket then fill with water.