Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating

Jjm1995

Question

Hi fellow shine lovers!

I have a 2012 Camaro that has pretty good paint, but it's not completely perfect. There is a chip here and there, small blemishes. I've completely polished all the swirls and scratches out, and it looks damn fine. Would it be worth using the ceramic spray coating on my car, or does the paint need to be 100% flawless?

Thanks,

Jake

Camaro Logo.jpg

Engine.jpg

Front Side.jpg

Rear Open Hood.jpg

Top Front.jpg

Top Right.jpg

7 answers to this question

Absolutely do it!  I have a black Equinox and it gets a lot of attention from the Graphene Spray. I maintain it with the Graphene Detail Spray.  Just be sure to wipe the paint down with either the prep or alcohol before applying the Graphene Spray Coating.  

3 hours ago, Jjm1995 said:

I have a 2012 Camaro that has pretty good paint, but it's not completely perfect. There is a chip here and there, small blemishes. I've completely polished all the swirls and scratches out, and it looks damn fine. Would it be worth using the ceramic spray coating on my car, or does the paint need to be 100% flawless?

I agree with @Rich - your paint need not be "perfect" for whatever LSP you choose to use.  The important thing is that you're happy with the way it looks and that the surface is clean/prepped for LSP application, so it bonds properly.  Whatever you choose - Ceramic Spray, Graphene Spray, Sealant, or Wax - should enhance shine, provide some protection for the (corrected) paint, and simplify cleaning.

One more note......the Graphene Spray Coating is a lot easier to apply, and you have a little more leeway when it comes to the finished look than with the straight Graphene Coating.  It has lasted close to a year for me (the GSC), but even though it's my daily driver, I'm retired and don't usually have to drive in bad weather if I don't want to.  So the amount of length of protection you get, if you drive that beautiful Camaro daily, may be less. But for a weekend ride........it will last a good while.  

Totally agree with everything said above. I have not tried a actual coating yet but I have been very happy with the spray coatings. I don't think you need perfect paint to protect it. Especially with a Spray coating it's not going to last years anyway. Usually a few months depending on weather conditions you drive it. I never saw a year out of any spray coating but I could care less, I like to after each wash spray something on it. Usually Detail spray and once a month CS3 but now that the Graphene coatings and detail sprays are out, I'm gonna switch over to all of them.

Awesome care man !

I have been using this for about a month now and put it on everything.  

We have a C300 and 430i GC and both got a coat including wheels, windows, etc.  

Outdoor kitchen? Absolutely.  Prep table, grills, the entire area.  

It is easy to work with, hard to screw up and the results are pretty fantastic.