Customer Service 866.965.0400

Working with Dr. Color Chip after Graphene Spray Coating was put on couple months ago?

dezau44

Question

Buddy of mine helped me coat the car (full) with Graphene Spray back in December.

The car has a paint chip under the door handle that I've been wanting to fix. Dr. Colorchip arrived couple days ago

Should I use rubbing alcohol per Dr. Colorchip's instruction?

4 answers to this question

I would think you would want to ensure the coating is 100% removed from the area before applying the touch up paint and don’t think rubbing alcohol will remove it. I would probably polish that area to ensure its removed, apply the touch up, and then after that’s complete and dry reapply the coating to that area. 

Depends on the size of the chip. Small..........yeah, I'd say you're fine with alcohol, maybe even do it a couple of times. And clay the area.  But if it's a good size chip, you'll want to polish it off.

If the coating is over the chip, I don't think the paint will bond. My thought is you'll need to polish the area to remove the coating, touch it up, allow to cure (ask the vendor how long to wait before using a ceramic coating - the solvent could strip it or not allow it to cure properly), then reapply at a future date.