Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphine detail spray

Question

Ok, graphine detail spray to aid when drying. Let me clarify. Master blaster all of the water off, mist panel with graphine detail spray, spread with ultimate drying towels, buff with single soft towel . I’m getting what I can best describe as dots, on the paint. If I work the area with a single soft with a lot of force, it buffs out. But a real pain. Before you ask, in the shade, cool paint, about 65 degrees, car is brand new. I use regular detail spray, same manner, no issues, use cs3, same manner no issues. And I tried misting, wetting, a little, or a lot and I got the same thing. 
many ideas? Similar to the struggles I have with ceramic boost. Until now, ceramic boost was my only problem product. 

13 answers to this question

Here's my procedure, a bit more involved, but no streaks, spots, or dots.

I lightly mist an Edgeless Utility towel with plain water. I'll Spray the Graphene Detail Spray onto the slightly dampened towel, folded into quarters. I'll wipe about a 3' square portion of the vehicle at a time with this Edgeless Utility towel, then immediately buff the 3' section to a high gloss perfection with an Borderless Gray Microfiber towel. I tend to use too much product, and this method works for me with not only the Graphene Detail Spray, but with Ceramic Boost, CS3, and Ceramic Waterless Wash.

Kind of my point. If you follow the directions on the label, you don’t get the advertised results. You have to come up with a method that works. I’m  not a beginner, been doing this as a hobby for years, and when I was younger, worked as a paid detailer. 
I know there will be the fan boys that say it works just as advertised. Believe me, I’m a huge adam’s fan and 90% of my supplies are from adam’s, but this is concerning to me. 
from all that I have read, all the products having to do with ceramics have some issues in use

I hate to be the one naysayer here, but I use the Graphene DS as a drying aid on my black Nox with no issues.  Not sure if your water has anything to do with it, but I have good soft water where I live.  That could be a contributing factor. 

A method thay works for me on my tungsten metallic paint is dry heavy water with one towel then follow with a spritz on the panel, followed with another drying towel to absorb the rest of the water and move the product around. I do one panel at a time and haven't had any issues with this methodology.

Usually little dots like that are overspray when spraying directly onto the panel.  Especially if you are outside and a light breeze carries the product to an adjacent panel that has already been wiped.  

I have not had any issues with GDS as a drying aid.  But have had overspray that appears as a little dots from other products used as a drying aid from other brands.  

3 hours ago, dave 316 said:

No pictures. Dark blue car, just imagine dark dots. 

I’ve had the same issue. Only way I could get rid of the dots was to go over it with a plush MF towel that was damp with Graphene Detail Spray.  I no longer use GDS as a drying aid.

Not only did I shake the bottle up, I just poured it from a brand new un opened gallon that I first completely shook before I opened it, so that’s not it either. 
like I said, regular detail spray, HGG, CS3, for me all do exactly as the label says, following the listed directions. For me ceramic boost and graphine detail spray do not work as advertised 

Pictures would be best as always.

I have had dots from wind carrying the product before.

Chris may be on to something....

Ive been using GDS since it came out, 5 different cars, whites, grey, navy blue, black.  Drying aid and on a dry vehicle, literally spray and wipe and zero issues.

I also wonder what your previous LSP is, and wonder if it’s reacting with that in a weird manor???