Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Vehicle process

tony97gt

Question

Hey everyone, been quite some time since I've indulged in the forums and much detailing to be honest. Recently traded in my wife's vehicle and got a new 2021 Hyundai Pallisade Limited with a nice dark metallic gray paint. Looking for some advice on the suggested process to get it all cleaned up from top to bottom. I do have some older supplies (car bars, detail spray, 1st gen ceramic, small swirl killer, FLEX polisher, etc). Looking for advice on the newest ways and products since I'm sure my older stuff is probably behind the curve of what's on the market now. I'd like to clay, polish, and ceramic the entire vehicle. Also looking to protect the nice new leather inside as well. I live in South Fla so no worries about snow or road salt here and I have a garage I can park it inside to detail and let the product dry if need be. Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Hi Tony,

I'm going to start with the inside since it is leather.  I have owned and worked with many types leather over many years and have come to really appreciate the characteristics of the Adam's Leather Conditioner.  I will also be upfront in stating that there are couple of places that I do not use it, such as on saddle bags and some very old leather jackets.  When it comes to vehicle interiors, it is the go to product.

After making sure the area is free of dust or any debris, I use the premium interior applicator to apply a thin even coat on the dash, doors, center console and then move on to the seats.  For some of the higher end vehicles, Jaguar, Range Rover and a few others, the columns are also wrapped in leather.  The one thing to avoid is the grab handles since they can become slippery, since they are usually a hard plastic.

If the vehicle has been the sun and the leather feels dry, then I do two thin coats about 4 hours apart.  Once the vehicle has been conditioned and is received regular maintenance, you can do over them about every 3 months.   For the vehicles that are outside in the South Carolina sun, they will need to conditioning about every 2 months, especially during the summer when the interior bakes.

Love the Leather Conditioner, it works and smells great. Adams also now has a Leather and Interior Dressing that's a matte finish and no scent. Here's a side by side, The left is the Dressing, the middle is the is nothing/normal daily wear, and the right is the Conditioner.

IMG_20190601_191723_389.thumb.jpg.62e316e5e19426586e1f71726ed3eaba.jpg

I'll also add that I've done a few cars now with the new (to you) Leather and Vinyl Coating, and the results were really impressive. Every owner has said it was better than new. It's easy to work with, and it also gives a slight leather scent to the car too that smells like the Conditioner. That would be your best, longest lasting protection especially in that hot sun. Here's a before and after on a Mustang that I did.

IMG_20200613_103101.thumb.jpg.0646510d83c9aa506e6300e7f2a2e46d.jpg

IMG_20200614_103049.thumb.jpg.8163cb52b7a403ec8f3c07826f4d61be.jpg

If you're looking for the latest ceramic line the graphene products offer a full suite of tools: graphene coating, graphene spray, graphene detail, and the tire dressing. I've only used the graphene spray and it worked quite well with water beading. They even offer a ceramic paste wax which I've always wanted to try.

Best way to protect the leather is to get a good tint haha. Definitely try the leather and interior cleaner + carpet & upholstery cleaner. I think they were introduced rather recently. I've got both but haven't tried them yet since covid = no driving!