Customer Service 866.965.0400

What’s Best for Silver?

HRPinDC

Question

Hi All,

Thanks for reading. I have a silver car that is a sunny day only driver, what would you recommend to make the paint really pop? I currently wash using Rinseless and dry using HGG. When I really want her to shine, I use BG. Since it’s not a daily driver, I’m not too concerned about maximum protection. 

With all the new stuff out there, I thought I would ask the experts to see if there is another product I should be considering.

Thanks a lot,

Howard

6 answers to this question

If you don't have the time or don't want to go the full ceramic/graphene route, try the Graphene Ceramic Spray.  You still need to do the full prep, but the spray is a lot more forgiving with the application and the results are fantastic. Easy maintenance with Graphene DS or CS3.  

1 hour ago, Rich said:

If you don't have the time or don't want to go the full ceramic/graphene route, try the Graphene Ceramic Spray.  You still need to do the full prep, but the spray is a lot more forgiving with the application and the results are fantastic. Easy maintenance with Graphene DS or CS3.  

I watched the video on that earlier today and found it really interesting. Does graphing have more shine than the HGG?

Thanks a lot!

Like Guz said, it doesn't matter what wax or ceramic or graphene coating, sealant, or detail spray you use, you want to POLISH your paint first and remove all the crap and swirls and scratches to get the paint close to perfect.  Wax or ceramics don't correct flaws, and you won't get maximum shine from just applying it either.  I've used HGG, I've used CS3, and I've used the Graphene Ceramic Spray.  I prefer the last two over the Guard n Gloss. But that's comparing apples to oranges.  But for best results, polish first........ceramic coat or ceramic spray coat..........then maintain with the CS3 or GDS.   

True shine comes from proper paint correction, the rest is enhancement and protection.

That said, I think the combination of Paint Sealant and HGG looks great on lighter colored cars. The Graphene Ceramic Coating is also next level shine. But again, take the time to correct the paint and then you'll really like the results after.

Thanks everyone. The paint is in really good shape, no swirls. The HGG and BG always made her look great and I have no complaints about how she shined. After watching some of the videos on the new products, I was just wondering if there was something better. I know there are methods that work better for light colored cars than dark ones.

I tried CS3 last year, although I used it as a waterless wash, and wasn’t super impressed. I thought my usual combo worked better. I will likely try the spray on graphine and see how I like it. Thanks again, I appreciate the advice.