Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior protection paste and perforated leather

Jasonkelly214

Question

I used the newish interior protection paste on my new Denali and I really like the matte finish on all my panels and leather. However I got some in the perforations in the seats. I sorta figure it should melt out a bit over time but is there an easy solution to making it less noticeable? Buffing with a microfiber towel didn’t do much. I have an interior detailing brush I think will probably work but I don’t want to rough up the perforations themselves. 

also wondering how the paste stacks up against leather conditioner. I can’t tell if this new leather is really absorbing much paste. How well does this hydrate?

also didn’t love the waxy residue feeling from the steering wheel with the paste. May just use conditioner on that. 

5 answers to this question

I regularly use the Interior Protection Paste on Leather seats. Steering wheels and door panels I'll use Leather Conditioner or Leather & Interior Dressing, for the dash I use Interior Detailer. What's in the perforations is going to go away rather quickly.

The vents for the cooled seats in the Denali are pretty much self-cleaning.  My wife's Terrain Denali had a few plugged up when I first used Leather Conditioner on it and they opened back up rather quickly.  The Interior Protection Paste does work very well.  My wife and I both really like the smell of the Leather Conditioner and it also work well on all leather the pleather surfaces.

14 hours ago, BRZN said:

I regularly use the Interior Protection Paste on Leather seats. Steering wheels and door panels I'll use Leather Conditioner or Leather & Interior Dressing, for the dash I use Interior Detailer. What's in the perforations is going to go away rather quickly.

Serious question. How can you stand the smell of the paste? I knew it had an odd smell when applying and then my wife almost killed me because of the smell. I had to go over it 2 times with interior detailer to get the smell to go away.

20 minutes ago, Silverbugeye said:

Serious question. How can you stand the smell of the paste? I knew it had an odd smell when applying and then my wife almost killed me because of the smell. I had to go over it 2 times with interior detailer to get the smell to go away.

I don't loveee the smell like I do some of the other scents but I found it to be fairly subtle. 

Not my favorite product.  I prefer the Leather Conditioner.  I tested the Interior Protection Paste by putting it on the interior of my Vette before I stored it last November.  When I uncovered the car a couple weeks ago, everything looked more dull and dryer than when I use the Conditioner.  So I hit the interior with Conditioner and am happier.  I don't know if the IPP has any sun protection factor to it (SPF) but the LC does, and it's 65..........which is more than some sunscreens for our skin!