Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applying Graphene outdoors?

USCGRetiredJosh

Question

I know Graphene and ceramic coating should be done indoors and cure for 24 hours indoors. 

However my truck does not fit in my 1 car garage, which leaves any detailing to be done outdoors. Has anyone applied the Graphene outdoors and it come out looking good? I figured i would have to make sure it doesn't rain or get morning dew on it for the 24 hours.

I have thought about buying one of the portable canopies to fit my truck, but to use it rarely is not an expense i'm ready to spend.

3 answers to this question

Hi Josh,

I have not done a vehicle with Graphene outside, I have done two vehicles with the regular Ceramic Spray Coating outside.  In both cases I used a canopy that was large enough to cover the entire vehicle and was able to keep the entire vehicle out of the sun.  Both vehicles came out fine and I did not have any problems with applying the coating.

It is strongly recommended, basically critical, to apply the traditional/small bottle indoors. The risk of any moisture or humidity is too high and could spot your coating , necessitating removal and reapplication. Have you considered asking a neighbor to use their garage, maybe in exchange for a wash/detail? 

Can you get part of the truck inside the garage?

If so, Ceramic coat half one day, then the next day turn it around and do the other half.

At Carlisle Events My Adam's Team will Ceramic Spray Coat or use the traditional 50 or 60ml bottles to Ceramic Coat vehicles on the Fairgrounds. We apply under our canopy to keep out of direct sunlight, then move the vehicle out into the sun to try to more quickly allow it to cure. We've not noticed, or heard of, any issues to date.