Customer Service 866.965.0400

Harbor Freight #69924 DA Polisher

Steve Mello

Question

I have had a 69924 for a couple of years that I plan to use for the first time in the near future. 

Hs anyone ever heard  of a DA polisher  that vibrates badly without  the backing plate attached..................  but, the vibration pretty much disappears with the backing plate attached?

I have replaced the OEM grease  as shown in several You Tube Videos and the OEM backing plate hasbeenreplaed with one from Meguars.

6 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Steve Mello said:

I have had a 69924 for a couple of years that I plan to use for the first time in the near future. 

Hs anyone ever heard  of a DA polisher  that vibrates badly without  the backing plate attached..................  but, the vibration pretty much disappears with the backing plate attached?

I have replaced the OEM grease  as shown in several You Tube Videos and the OEM backing plate hasbeenreplaed with one from Meguars.

Why would you run the polisher without a backing plate? I don't care what brand you use, they are not designed to operate without a backing plate installed. I can, however, tell you that I have 2 of these harbor freight polishers ( 3" & 6" ) and they have always gotten the job done. Hearing protection is a must, LOL! I recently bought their long throw version but I have yet to use it.

No issues with my first harbor freight polisher, used a different backing plate and never had issues, except for how loud it was. Upgraded to a 15mm swirl killer and will never use the harbor freight machine ever again.