Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glossy Interior Trim - Swirls / Light Scratches

Jay4190

Question

Hi Everyone - I’ve been a longtime user of Adam’s products and just realized there is a forum!  Anyway, I have a new car (Chevy Blazer) that has painted interior trim - it’s gloss black with a metallic flake to it.  Right from the dealer upon delivery, it had some swirls and light scratches that are particularly visible in the sun.  I tried using Meguiars Plastix, but no luck.  I’ve never really polished interior plastic like this, so was looking for some advice on what would be safe to use to remove the swirls and fine scratches, but was afraid to use any of my exterior products as I didn’t want to make it worse.  I have Revive Hand Polish and the older Adam’s 2 step polishes (Paint Correction and Paint Finishing).  Would those work?  Or should I try something totally different? 

3 answers to this question

I have used Revive Hand Polish on an interior piece and it worked well to fix some marks - maybe too well.  Once the one piece was done I end up going over several others to make them all look the same.  Revive Hand Polish will bring a shine out of the plastic pieces.  I would highly recommend finding a piece that is somewhat hidden and doing a test spot to make sure you like the results.

If the Hand Polish isn't aggressive enough, the Swirl Killer Micro may be what you'll need. The exterior products will work, paint's paint inside or out. It may not be cleared and it may be thinner, but it's still paint. As with exterior paint start with the least aggressive and work more aggressively if needed. Brilliant Glaze can also help to hide fine swirls and holograms.