Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using a public pressure washer

Sam Y

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure there is not a way to do that with that wand setup. If they allow it, you could fill a bucket with about 2 gallons of water and soap then activate the suds with the wand and wash with your own mitt/pad.

Agreed with Chris, I don't see a way either. Here are a couple of videos where Adam uses a wash bay and his tips for doing so in the winter, and the principles are pretty much the same all year. As Chris also said, make sure the car wash allows it, some don't.

Thanks for the videos, they were very helpful. The self-car washes here in NJ are few and far in between. Sometimes they are closed when it is below freezing. The newer ones even have blowers in the bay to dry the car off. However, they are not as wide as the ones in this video. Seems like most of the comments in youtube deal with people getting into trouble for bucket washing their car while others have to wait in line for a bay.

22 hours ago, Sam Y said:

Thanks for the videos, they were very helpful. The self-car washes here in NJ are few and far in between. Sometimes they are closed when it is below freezing. The newer ones even have blowers in the bay to dry the car off. However, they are not as wide as the ones in this video. Seems like most of the comments in youtube deal with people getting into trouble for bucket washing their car while others have to wait in line for a bay.

I would say to ask the car wash personnel, they may be more amenable at certain times of the day when it's not as busy.

I have brought my bucket with soap and a wash pad before to my local pay and sprays. I think the key is to do it during off times. And to work quickly. Personally, around 10am worked best for me. Most people are at work, the lunch crowd errand runners aren’t out yet. I did it once in the afternoon but felt it was busier than mid morning.  

like @falcaineer said, it wouldn’t hurt to ask as well.