Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramis Spray on Stainless/Chrome

TR6speed

Question

I have a few stainless Steel and chrome piece on order for the engine bay and was wondering if I can apply the ceramic spray on them and if so, should I wipe them down with the ceramic prep first?

3 answers to this question

Hi Jack,

I have done some stainless steel as an experiment and it came out rather well.  I did one piece using Surface Prep first and the other cleaned with Adam's Stainless Steel Cleaner and I could not tell the difference in the results.  I have no way of knowing what the longevity will be since it was just a test and I only kept the pieces around for a about a month. I can tell you the coating took, looked great and there were no high spots.

I do like the Adam's Stainless Steel Cleaner.  I've found it easy to work with and it gets all the finger prints and such off rather easily and doesn't leave the surface feeling greasy.

Wish the ceramics would have been out when I had all that stainless in my engine bay in the old Vette.  That stuff scratches just by looking at it.  I finally bit the bullet and replaced it all with chrome.  Worth the money for sure.  Post up pics when you get it all done!