Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pressure Washer help please

ChasKSC

Question

Hello, 

I just got a pressure washer and an aftermarket pressure washer hose & gun. Everything connects fine. I understand it's recommended to purge the machine first, and I did. The issue is, after waiting 30 minutes, there still is no pressure coming from the gun. There's no leaks anywhere, no kinks on the hose, and everything is new so there's no blockage...I checked anyway. 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks! 

2 answers to this question

Sometimes you get a pocket of air that might be built up in the line. Remove the hose from the pressure washer, let the water run through the hose to get rid of any air that might have built up in the line. If hear a burp in your hose you should be good. If not its in your pressure washer. Don't know what brand you bought but I've have a 1700 psi that works awesome for foam cannon etc form the big orange box store, $109, or if you hit the lottery, Adams sells an awesome one.

If you hear the motor kick on and nothing happens for pressure after bleeding the system, then you may have a bad unit.  If you don't hear the motor kick on, check the reset button on the plug.  The unit should be running and making some noise.   

I'll state that the Red unit from Adam's is an outstanding pressure washer and they'll provide the best support you could ever ask for.