Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to maintain ceramic coated rims?

Question

Hi Everyone, 

I'm planning on doing a tire rotation soon and want to use the opportunity to ceramic coat my rims with Adams Ceramic RIM coating. 

For anyone who's applied Adams Ceramic RIM coating, how do you maintain it? I drive a hybrid so typically my rims don't get too dirty with brake dust. Maintance wash are straightforward, but doesn't anyone apply ceramic boost or any other particular product to help maintain the longevity of the coating?

3 answers to this question

First, welcome to our forums. Be sure to go post an intro and introduce yourself so we can all properly welcome you!

You can maintain the Wheel Coating with any of the silica-infused products Adam's offers, Ceramic Boost regularly (weekly on wheels) being a great option. 

Note that if you're going to balance them, be sure to tell the installer that there's a ceramic coating on them because the weights will have a more difficult time sticking.

For the in between washes, I have been using CS3 with a waterless wash towel and then going over them a borderless gray and the wheels come out great.  When I'm doing a regular wash I have been using Graphene Shampoo and then I don't need anything else.