Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene ceramic coating

buffalobob920

Question

Having a problem with this product did all the prep work strip wash decontaminated the paint windows and plastic used surface prep then installed the coating used the uv light to make sure it was coated and then kept it out of the weather for 24 hours when after about a week I washed the car it was full of pollen washed it with graphene shampoo when rinsing the car there was no beading the water was just flat after the wash I noticed that it was beading and now it was raining and the whole roof of the car is again flat no beading kinda stumped 

27 minutes ago, buffalobob920 said:

Having a problem with this product did all the prep work strip wash decontaminated the paint windows and plastic used surface prep then installed the coating used the uv light to make sure it was coated and then kept it out of the weather for 24 hours when after about a week I washed the car it was full of pollen washed it with graphene shampoo when rinsing the car there was no beading the water was just flat after the wash I noticed that it was beading and now it was raining and the whole roof of the car is again flat no beading kinda stumped 

Simple. You forgot to do the roof!  🤣  Just kidding Bob.  I'm stumped.

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Simple. You forgot to do the roof!  🤣  Just kidding Bob.  I'm stumped.

😂yeah I followed the instructions to the tee could it be that I had a bad bottle and if so can I reapply another coat or do I have to polish it out again 

Some questions... Did you fully shake the bottle before and during use? What were the environmental conditions when you applied the coating? Was it warm or cold? Was the surface slick or tacky when you removed the residue? How long did you wait after you applied it before you removed it?

19 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Some questions... Did you fully shake the bottle before and during use? What were the environmental conditions when you applied the coating? Was it warm or cold? Was the surface slick or tacky when you removed the residue? How long did you wait after you applied it before you removed it?

I shook the bottle the weather was absolutely beautiful low humidity and it was in the 60s I guess I waited around 3-4 minutes I used Adam’s coating removal towel and followed up with a Adam’s single towel the only thing that I didn’t do after it was cured 24-48 hours was to apply ceramic boost i don’t know if that mattered but it’s raining right now and the roof is just flat no beading at all 

I used a couple of years ago Adam’s ceramic paint coating the original and it’s still holding up 

It was posted in the graphene shampoo that it will sheet when rinsing.  Now I have not experienced this when using it.  You mentioned that it rained.  Was it covered in pollen once again?  Where is is parked?

6 hours ago, The Guz said:

It was posted in the graphene shampoo that it will sheet when rinsing.  Now I have not experienced this when using it.  You mentioned that it rained.  Was it covered in pollen once again?  Where is is parked?

It t rained all day and I didn’t see any pollen on it I am going to try today to shoot a video rinsing the car off to see if it beads up 

My prep was decontaminate polish used eraser followed up with surface prep applied the coating around 3-4 minutes then used Adam’s coating removal towel followed up with a single soft towel then put it in the garage for 24 hours was dry outside for about three days after then washed it because it had pollen all over it I spoke to Adam’s they said it was good to wash and I used the graphene car shampoo if you can see this video the right side of the hood was cleaned with graphene detail spray and the left side and the rest of the car was coated with gra

phene 

8 minutes ago, The Guz said:

Sure you can polish, panel wipe and reapply.  

Thank you just spoke with adam and said the same thing but ordered another kit there might be something wrong with the bottle I have but just to be on the safe side 

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

I'm wondering if everyone rushed out Graphene coating stuff as other brands are also having issues.

I spoke to Adam and he was like that’s weird he told me to try another layer on it I will have to polish it and use the surface prep and reapply it and see what happens but I ordered another kit so I’m going to wait until I get it  I will keep you posted 

thanks Bob 

When you receive the new kit, do just the hood to see if you'll get a difference before attempting the entire vehicle. If there's anything left on the hood the coating may not be able to adhere correctly. Since you appear to have an issue, don't try layering. I'd suggest start by knowing for sure the hood is back down to bare paint by Strip Washing, Claying, Polishing, using the Surface Prep, then applying one layer of the coating in the normal cross hatch pattern.

Be sure to thoroughly shake the bottle of coating before application and don't start to remove it until it begins to become a bit tacky, the towel should have a slight bit of drag to it across the panel as you buff.

You didn't mention, but are you doing the work inside a garage, or outside? Is it curing inside an enclosed garage, under a car port, or out on the driveway?

Let the new panel cure for 48 hours before getting it exposed to the elements. Then see how water reacts on it.

I did it outside under a tent and put in the garage for 24 hours and it didn’t get any water on it for about a week the only reason I washed it and really just used the power washer to rinse it because it had a ton of pollen on it that’s when I noticed it wasn’t beading but I will strip clay and polish the car before I reapply the coating I believe that this was my error in taking it off to soon I coated other cars with Adam’s regular coating and had no problem with it and even after three years it’s still going strong with proper maintenance 

Outside under a tent could possibly be the issue. If pollen was heavy in the air (as it has been here in Central PA the past several weeks) while you were applying the coating, it would have been landing on the paint. The pollen would have affected the coating's ability to properly bond.

That’s a possibility but I don’t remember if I shook the bottle it was in my cabinet since last July and was a little nervous I probably didn’t leave it on long enough 

as soon as I coated the car I put it right in the garage and actually didn’t notice any pollen on it 

1 hour ago, buffalobob920 said:

That’s a possibility but I don’t remember if I shook the bottle it was in my cabinet since last July and was a little nervous I probably didn’t leave it on long enough 

as soon as I coated the car I put it right in the garage and actually didn’t notice any pollen on it 

I think time is the big thing. I have had issues as well and I think I ended up with about  6-8 minutes on my vehicle before it was ready. Seems its better gauged by how grabby its starting to get than by the time.  I think its pretty easy to wipe on and wipe completely back off.

As a matter of fact I had a failed Adams ceramic job that I am pretty sure was caused by that. 

But I will say, once you get the graphene down correctly its amazing.

9 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

I think time is the big thing. I have had issues as well and I think I ended up with about  6-8 minutes on my vehicle before it was ready. Seems its better gauged by how grabby its starting to get than by the time.  I think its pretty easy to wipe on and wipe completely back off.

As a matter of fact I had a failed Adams ceramic job that I am pretty sure was caused by that. 

But I will say, once you get the graphene down correctly its amazing.

I’m sure it is been using adds products since 2013 and they are amazing never had a problem with any of his products