Customer Service 866.965.0400

Let's dig into CS3.

Mantis

Question

Hello everyone,

I have been using CS3 since it came out. I have used it in all the ways you can. However I would like to know exactly what is expected out of it's protection abilities? 

I use it as a drying aid, it's incredible at this job. I stopped using Detail spray as I would much prefer to have a little protection added instead of just a great shine like Detail spray.

I use it as a topper on top of a Ceramic Spray coating. But this is where I question it's durability, what should I expect it to last? I remember being told 1 month or a few weeks. I just wanna make sure I'm using it properly and not expecting more out of it than it offers.

I use it as a waterless wash. If My car is just dusty, I will use the CS3 as my waterless wash instead of Waterless wash. I love how it works , smells and feels. I feel safe using it.

So I'd like to learn more about CS3 or if when I run out of CS3 if it would be wise to move into the Graphene Detail spray. Would that product offer more protection over CS3? 

As I use Cs3 , would Graphene Detail spray be a direct replacement product or should you divide your need duties between CS3 and Graphene Detail Spray?

Thanks up front

15 answers to this question

I have my rides Graphene Spray Coated, and before they came out with the GDS, I was using the CS3.  But once the GDS came out, I switched and never looked back. I personally think it was a good improvement over the CS3 as far as shine.  I use it as a drying aid every time I wash the car and haven't found any build up or high spots.  It's my go to.  

Since I bought CS3 and Ceramic Waterless Wash in the gallon, I'm using them as both a drying aid and when the vehicles need a bit more than a touch up.  The Graphene Detail Spray is what I use when I want the vehicle to look real good before going for a drive.  I like the appearance of GDS it gives it depth and a wet look and it does last longer than what Brilliant Glaze did with Paint Sealant.

All three are excellent products and I have not noticed any build up with any of them.  However, I am only using the CS3 or Waterless Wash every 2-4 weeks, so others may have different experiences.

If it it still working and you like it so much then keep on using it.  It was updated not long ago.  The difference is that you won't not be able to use GDS as a waterless wash but it is also a great product.  I would say by a bottle of GDS and see if you like it.  Or wait for the graphene version of CS3 which I am sure is in the works.  

Thanks guys,

CS3 is absolutely my favorite Adams product. I like everything they make but CS3 is a special product. In ways I don't want anyone to touch it and possibly make is worse. It's such a good product. If Graphene does in fact make it better in the future, I'm all in.

Anyway I have a Pitch Black car and I don't like to not put something on it after every wash which is usually once a week. I have not noticed any build up but I will use Detail Spray on bi weeks so I'm not using CS3 every wash. My car beads water so well when I wash it the soap beads off while I use the foam cannon and when I'm hand washing. It's kinda cool as it's beading so well. Rinsing is a breeze as the soap just falls right off.

So my CS3 gallon is just about out. I just filled my 16 oz bottle and there is about a bottle or less left. 

SO what do you guys think about the new Graphene CS3? Is it worth getting over just CS3? I'm thinking it's a go but would like some feedback of user who used both CS3 and Graphene CS3.

I already have Graphene Detail spray and love that stuff. As soon as my current coating starts to fall off, I'm going Graphene Spray coating. My car is a garage queen so I could use basically Carnuba wax and be cool but you never know when you might be out of the garage and hit some bad weather.

Thanks guys.

Hi Daniel,

For the vehicles that I have Graphene applied to, I am all in on the Graphene products.  Graphene Detail Spray, Graphene Tire Dressing and Graphene CS3.   My regular CS3 is being used on the regular ceramic vehicles.  

Edit:

I almost forgot that I also use the Graphene Shampoo on the Graphene coated vehicles.  

Edited by RayS

On 10/2/2021 at 11:43 PM, falcaineer said:

Love it. I say get it, try it, and enjoy! Remember, if you don't like it, return it for 110% money back, so no risk.

I should return my Graphene cs3, I find it much more streaky compared to regular cs3. I like cs3 better than gcs3.

8 hours ago, ResJudicata said:

I should return my Graphene cs3, I find it much more streaky compared to regular cs3. I like cs3 better than gcs3.

It seems like more and more people have some issues with the Graphene products on the market. I wonder if it was rushed out before deep testing. CS3 is a perfect product as it is, I don't really see the need to improve on it. But improving on a excellent product is intriguing and I'm gonna have to grab a single bottle of GCS3 to see if this is in fact an issue. I don't want CS3 to get messed up.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

It seems like more and more people have some issues with the Graphene products on the market. I wonder if it was rushed out before deep testing. CS3 is a perfect product as it is, I don't really see the need to improve on it. But improving on a excellent product is intriguing and I'm gonna have to grab a single bottle of GCS3 to see if this is in fact an issue. I don't want CS3 to get messed up.

There have been some reports that GCS3 can streak, but there are many variables that can cause a product like that to streak outside of the product itself.  No risk to trying it out, worse case scenario is you return it.  Curious to read your feedback.

My suggestion for any streaks is the same as for other silica-infused products, have two towels. One to apply, the other to remove residue. Also apply in shade whenever possible, or apply panel by panel otherwise and work quickly. Proper care for towels is always imperative, too.

I was excited about CS3 so ended up buying quite a bit which means I'll use it up until I move on. CS3 can tend to streak also in the sun but I usually just touch it up in the garage or worst case hit the funky spots with a waterless wash light spray and all is good. 

My son-in-laws help me on a regular basis and all too often they'll have streaks and I won't.  9 out of 10 times it is because they apply too much product and/or have a towel that is too wet.  A little goes a long ways and it is easier to add a bit more product than soak up or wipe off excessive product when someone uses too much.

Edited by RayS

23 hours ago, tomsch63 said:

I was excited about CS3 so ended up buying quite a bit which means I'll use it up until I move on. CS3 can tend to streak also in the sun but I usually just touch it up in the garage or worst case hit the funky spots with a waterless wash light spray and all is good. 

I never had any streaks with CS3. I have used it one 4 different cars 2 which where outside but in shade. Plumb Crazy Purple and Audi Gray , I forget the color name.

A Nissan Altima in sliver and my Black 2020 Charger. The Black Charger is a garage queen so it doesn't see the light of day often. I used CS3 on it to clean up the dust which occurs after sitting in the garage all week while I work. Cs3 if it was going to streak , would absolutely show it's ugly face on that car. It shows everything .

I gotta assume if your streaking regular CS3 , then your not wiping it correctly. You can use all you want. I haven't seen any issue with this over applying. It's a waterless wash and there are plenty of times you want to use a lot of product to lube the surface correctly for the dust and light dirt you maybe cleaning up.

The Technic I use is 2 towels. One to get the dirt off by rolling the towel slowly on the panel, then following up with a 500 plush Micro fiber finishing towel. Super soft super pleasant to work with. The Dirt grabber towel is either a waffle weave or a 350 micro Fiber towel. Both of which are very soft and gentle to the touch but picks up the dirt and dust very well.

I have LED shop lights so I can really see my paint.

D86E91B4-97A6-4830-A542-453A2624E861_1_201_a.jpeg