Customer Service 866.965.0400

Oxidation

ol 65

Question

6 answers to this question

I can't speak for RV's but, my 52 Chevy was heavily oxidized (it is Black) and the pain was the original.  I stayed with the white foam but mixed the polish with compound  (it's in a video somewhere).  Very light pressure and made more passes than I did on other cars.  It did amazing. 

If you are worried about oxidizing in your RV like me, I will share with you how to remove oxidation from RV fiberglass. I recommend parking your motorhome in a shaded area. Putting it in direct sunlight dries the polish and wax quickly, making it difficult to polish. Then wash it with a warm soapy solution. Apply a buffering compound to the fiberglass of your motorhome using an applicator. Spread the polish on a 2.5cm-sized portion and start polishing the backing. Take the yellow sponge and apply the polishing compound. Use the orbital polisher to spread the polish in small 22 inch square sections, combining up and down with right and left movements. Finally, waxing is an essential step for the complete restoration of RV fiberglass.

Edited by daltonbourne07