Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless wash

Trap

Question

I have looked and read a lot about the rinseless wash and how well so many of you like it. Was curious if it would be a lot better to spray a light mist on the panels you are about to clean with the 2 bucket system and microfiber towel. I would think that prelubing the panel with a fine spray of 16-1 Rinseless wash should reduce chances of scratching the finish. 

Would appreciate you guys feed back.

Edited by Trap

11 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Trap said:

I have looked and read a lot about the rinseless wash and how well so many of you like it. Was curious if it would be a lot better to spray a light mist on the panels you are about to clean with the 2 bucket system and microfiber towel. I would think that prelubing the panel with a fine spray of 16-1 Rinseless wash should reduce chances of scratching the finish. 

I do this every time.  I mix a big pressure bottle with Rinseless Wash and pre-spray before I do a multi-towel Rinseless.

Sure you can.  I have a pressure bottle of Rinseless Wash mixed at Waterless Wash strength (1 oz Rinseless to 16 oz distilled water), and a pressure bottle of Rinseless Wash mixed at wash strength (1 oz Rinseless to 2.5 gal of tap water) that I use for pretreating - the wash strength for knocking down dust or bird bombs, and the Waterless strength for bugs.

Otherwise I load up the wash mitt and squeeze it over the panel before wiping.

I’m always dilute a 16 oz bottle to waterless wash spray (16:1) as a pre-rinse but I’m sure you can use a lighter dilution and be fine.  I’m not too worried about conserving the product because I splurged and bought a gallon.  So even using these dilution rations it will still likely last well over a year.  If the car is more dirty then I would like I’ll sometimes do a prerinse with a hose to get some of the larger dirt particles off the car. 

Using the 2 bucket method is fine but myself along with a lot of others use the bucket of towels method. Essentially you get 6-8 towels and fold. Then in fourths and instead of rinsing the towels just use a new one so you never introduce a dirty towel to the wash bucket to to the paint. 

Well I finally got to use the Rinseless wash today, it worked well I did make a bottle up at about 1-8 to pre Spray the panel before washing it. 

Was curious why Adam's recommends the Double soft towels to wash with instead of the waterless wash weave towels. 

Worked well with the double soft, just wondering why though.

On 11/22/2021 at 5:11 PM, Trap said:

Well I finally got to use the Rinseless wash today, it worked well I did make a bottle up at about 1-8 to pre Spray the panel before washing it. 

Was curious why Adam's recommends the Double soft towels to wash with instead of the waterless wash weave towels. 

Worked well with the double soft, just wondering why though.

I'm not certain, but my guess is since RW is capable of cleaning a bit dirtier cars than WW, more water and solution in the softer towels adds more lubricity to help that process. Plus they absorb more when wiping residue to combat potential streaks. But that's just a guess! 

Glad you like it, we wouldn't lead you astray ;)

The fluffier towels will hold any dirt particles grabbed by the polymers in the Rinseless Wash solution better than the 'flat weave' Waterless Wash towels.  The WW towels are fine for drying after a RW

I would recommend trying the Microfiber Wash Mitt as part of a RW.  I have been using this type of mitt for 4 years (I used the dreadhead chenile mitts before), and it works great.  My process is to wash the panel with the mitt, wipe with a damp, fluffy towel (something like a Borderless Grey), spritz with Detail Spray, and dry with a 16x16 version of the Jumbo Plush drying towel. 

On 5/19/2021 at 10:16 PM, Trap said:

I think that would be a great idea, the slicker you can make your wash mitt the better.

I have added RW to my two bucket wash water before that also makes things slicker.