Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help with Adam's Pro-Series Pressure Washer

JayD

Question

Hi Everyone - I am looking at purchasing the Adam's Pro-Series Pressure Washer and would like to get a few things clarified.

1. What is the operational PSI of this product?  (The details on the product page show 1800 PSI.  I'm assuming this the peak PSI.)
  2. What is the operational GPM of this product? (The details on the product page mentions over 2 GPM with the sprayer tips provided.)
  3. What is the meaning of "2 GPM with the sprayer tips provided"? (Does this simply mean that this metric/specification was tested only with sprayer tips provided?  Assuming that this would be the same without any tips?  Would appreciate some clarification here too.)

I'd be coming from the CAT (Active rebranded) pressure washer and am wanting to understand if this is actually an upgrade from it.  Seems as the CAT peak specifications match the ones listed for the Adams, but uncertain if the ones on the Adams Pro-Series are in-fact peak specifications as well.

Any help or correction of my understanding would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer to this question

Here's my understanding of how pressure washers work.

The rating of a pressure washer is the psi of the water inside the hose when the pump has fully "energized" the system. When you pull the trigger that pressure is released through a certain size opening and fan "generator" (spray tips or nozzles). This pressure will be different depending on the angle of the tip and the size of the opening. The smaller the hole will give you higher PSI but lower GPM. Every pressure washer has a sweet spot where you get a good balance of GPM and PSI without overloading the machine.

The statement "2 GPM with the sprayer tips provided"  tells me they are getting close to 2.0 GPM with the nozzles that come with the machine because they matched the hole size with the machine for this exact purpose.

I hope this helps!