Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hand polish question

QuickSilver20

Question

I just recently got into Adams products snd have been using the buttery wax which I have been extremely happy with and am likely going to try the paint sealant soon. 

in the past I have always used OTC cleaner waxes which have some cleaning properties but from my understanding of Adams waxes/ sealants is that these are strictly waxes/ sealants and do not have any cleaning properties. Ive read that it’s good to clean the paint occasionally. I do not own a DA Polishes and honestly not entirely comfortable using one my my cars nor do I feel that the paint is swirled enough to where it’s worth risking causing damage. 

I was curious if the hand polish would be good to use occasionally to clean my paint and remove any extremely minor imperfections. Also for anyone who has used it is it safe to where it will not damage my paint?  From looking at the Polishes Adams offers this seems best suited for what I’m looking for but open to thoughts/ suggestions for what have worked for others who don’t have access to a polisher tool. 

4 answers to this question

The Hand Polish used to be the Revive Polish.  It works great filling in any imperfections and cleaning the paint.  Good stuff. I used it constantly before I finally got up the nerve to try, and then switch to the Swirl Killer polishers.  

I, too, only hand wax.. I have been on this forum for around 15 to 20 years, although the forum does not show this.. I first tried a PC2474 buffer. However, for me hand waxing seemed best. My formula is ........ .1.Wash with Adams car shampoo. Remove hose nozzle and sheet water off, then use the great white drying towel in straight lines  2. apply Revive Polish (cleans and shines). 3. Buttery Wax. 4. Brilliant Glaze   I apply each in straight motions. First working left to right, then up and down, then left to right again. I usually cover Vette after doing Revive and wait a few days before apply the Buttery wax.  I then cover again, wait a day and apply the Brillant Glaze. When I buff by hand I also rub in alternating straight lines. I never apply or buff in circles. Sometimes I will wash again before apply the final brilliant glaze.  I apply the Brillant Glaze to the exterior of all glass and inside the tail pipes. I apply the Buttery Wax to the polished wheels (sometimes using the Brilliant Glaze).

I get excellent results with the above. After this when wash Vette I lightly spray Adams Detail Spray on surfaces beforer using the Adams drying towel.

Thank you