Customer Service 866.965.0400

prep for a maintenance/topper application on a daily driver

Fit08

Question

So, DD outside a lot of the time and see all 4 seasons.

So, whether you wax, paint sealant, graphene coat what would be best for prep before adding a topper.

What I'm thinking is while you should be doing a contact wash and possible foam is this enough before rubbing paint for topper such as CS3/ceramic boost, graphene detail spray. Yes, two of them have added ability to allow "particles" to be trapped, but should you fine clay or mitt with the later possibly marring?

OR

Because its a daily, just give it a careful wash, and give er and get any issues on the next polish cycle in spring?

Does the question make sense I hope?

3 answers to this question

In the spring, I strip and clay everything, then correct and polish, use the prep wipe down, then the Graphene Ceramic Spray. After that, I just wash as normal and finish up with the Graphene Detail Spray most of the time.  I might do it again in late fall to make sure it's protected well for the salt and crap to come.  

Rich has you covered for the exterior, so I'm going to give you my process for the interior.

I'm in the south so my focus is for getting the maximum protection from the summer sun.  After pollen season, all the filters get changed to ensure that I don't fill the inside with pollen a second time.  I also change the engines air filter at the same time.  After giving the interior a good vacuum, then the detailing starts.  I like to start with getting all vents cleaned along with the gages and controls.

Then I get out the Leather Conditioner.  It doesn't matter if your interior is actual leather, faux leather or vinyl it works great.  You can use on the interior of the doors and most importantly on the dash.  Don't put it on Fabric or the headliner, but most other surfaces are fair game.  Don't forget the sun visors, it will keep them from fading.

If you have any of the non-carpet floor liner, use the Rubber Mat and Liner Cleaner.  It makes them look new and doesn't cause them to get slippery.  Whatever you do, don't use Tire Shine, it makes them extremely slippery. 

I generally do two light coats of Leather Conditioner about 4 hours apart and it smells fantastic.  I try to do my interior about every 3 months since they get so hot sitting outside.