Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing and Drying Agents

Trap

Question

This is what seems to be working for me so far with what I have purchased. My Mustang is ceramic coated and I have been using the 2 bucket wash with pressure washer weekly.

I rinse the car then soap it up good and wash. Give it a good rinse and run it into the garage to dry.

I have the Jr Air Cannon to help with the drying. I like to use a drying agent to help give it that detailed finished look. 

I have tried using Waterless wash, CS3 and Graphene Detail Spr

I really like the way it looks with the graphene detail spray. But I'm thinking that using Graphene Detail Spray every week would be to much. So I have been using Waterless wash every other time to help give that clean detailed look and not get to much of a buildup from the Graphene Detail Spray. 

It seems to be working but was just wondering what others have experienced or is there something else I should be doing or trying.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

On 6/24/2021 at 9:23 PM, falcaineer said:

That regimen is great. Using GDS every couple of weeks is fine.

Thanks for the reply. Seems like my program must be ok as there are no other suggestions, was really curious with what others are doing.

10 hours ago, Trap said:

Thanks for the reply. Seems like my program must be ok as there are no other suggestions, was really curious with what others are doing.

I can tell you that I do my former Mustang, now my daughters, the same way.  If you take care of the Mustang, it will make it for well over 20 years

Detailing regimen depends on what the vehicle has been through. If you're in sunny California and the temperature hovers in the mid-80's your car needs detailed far less than if you're in the rainy Pacific Northwest or in the bug-infested farm country I reside in. 

Your regimen should reflect your region, your vehicle usage, your climate, and your weather. Sounds like you've nailed it. 

Cheers!

Hello,

I don't think using Graphene Detail spray every week is an issue unless someone chimes in with a reason why it would be a bad idea to use it regularly. I have been using CS3 as my drying agent and I would switch to regular pink detail spray sometimes. I have had no issues so far with my coating and I get stupid beading even when my car is dirty.

I like you , wash every week with basically the same exact method. I like to foam cannon with Mega Foam or if I run out I use Car Shampoo which is my go to car Shampoo. I buy that by the gallon.

I own a black car so I like to use a detail spray for touch up after my wash. No matter how much blowing I do, water seems to sneak it's way out of a crack and we have hard water so it leaves water marks. So I have to first leaf blow the car , wheels etc , then use a drying agent to to a touch dry with Adam's Drying towel, then once I clean out the jams , wipe down the wheels with CS3 and Dress the tires, I remove my gloves and put on a new pair and then go over the car with a detail spray to remove the remaining water marks or water runs out of the cracks.