Customer Service 866.965.0400

detail spray and H2O guard and gloss

ikihi

Question

So Is the detail spray mainly used between car washes? If you want to apply H2O guard and gloss, what steps do you do?

Should you first wash the car with soap and water and rinse? Then remove small particles with clay and detail spray and then rinse the car again with water? At this point with a wet car point do you apply the H20 guard and gloss and then dry with a microfiber towel? 

Edited by ikihi

2 answers to this question

While both products add gloss they are meant for different purposes. 

detail spray can be used after a wash as a drying aid or to remove light dust or fingerprints after sitting in the garage to give it a touch up.  Since detail spray does have polymer/wax in it using it can prolong the life of your wax/sealant. 

guard and gloss is more like spray wax in the sense that it should be used on a clean surface to add protection. It can be used as a stand alone product but it seems like a lot of people use it over paint sealant to maintain the protection. From what I’ve read on here it can last a few months so no need to apply every wash and the general consensus around here seems to be to apply every 3-4 washes. 

With that said Guard and gloss is water activated so you can use it as you dry the car.  So when used no reason to use detail spray too. But you can use detail spray for the washes that you don’t use the guard and gloss. 

Edited by QuickSilver20

@ikihiI use H2O G&G as part of my Rinseless wash - I was the panel, then spray G&G over the panel (I switched to a Tolco spray head, as it disburses better).  Then I wipe the G&G with a damp MF towel to spread it out evenly, and finally wipe with a drying towel.  I have dedicated towels for the damp wipe part, as it can be difficult to remove from the towel.

If I was doing a Rinseless wash without the G&G, I would wash the panel, do a wipe with a damp MF, spritz the Detail Spray over the panel, and try - about the same process.