Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze Question

QuickSilver20

Question

Had a question regarding brilliant glaze. On the product page it says I from a shine perspective it falls between detail spray and buttery wax. I normally apply buttery wax every 1-2 months and maintain with detail spray/ spray wax. I know layering brilliant glaze under buttery wax is popular. My paints in pretty good condition and I know buttery wax has some masking/ filling properties. My question is would putting brilliant glaze impact how the buttery wax shines?  Or has anyone ever done a panel comparison of brilliant glaze vs just wax? 

really on the fence as I’ve heard great things about brilliant glaze. But just not sure if I would be better off applying the buttery wax more frequently since I’m not applying it every week and don’t really have an issue with wax build up. 

9 answers to this question

Brilliant Glaze is definitely a short-term, but high shine option. It'll last you maybe a few days, less if you go through a rainstorm. Add it on top of or below your wax, either way is just fine. By the way, it's also a really good glass cleaner!

Hi Craig,

I'll add a couple more points about Brilliant Glaze.  If you are going to a show or out cruising, apply BG right before heading out and the vehicle will really pop and hide minor imperfections. 

For cleaning the inside of the windshield or your mirrors, vehicle and house, there is nothing that will match it.  Just keep in mind that it has some solvent type properties so you shouldn't use it on windows with tint applied nor should you use it on your glasses.

That’s for the input. I may add a bottle to my next order to give it a try as I’ve read really good things about using it as a glass cleaner. 

I normally only wax my car every 4-6 weeks so I’m the normal range for buttery wax without worrying about build up. Do you guys think laying the brilliant glaze and then applying buttery wax will produce a better shine then just buttery wax alone?  Fully understanding that it may not last but trying to figure out if adding the glaze under the wax will add anything or if it’s really meant to add shine for those who want to apply something every 1-2 weeks without worrying about buildup.  

Apply BG under Buttery will give it a little extra shine and it does last longer being under Buttery.  However, when you really want to pop for a day or two, got over the Buttery with BG.  I'm very confident you will like the results.

14 hours ago, QuickSilver20 said:

That’s for the input. I may add a bottle to my next order to give it a try as I’ve read really good things about using it as a glass cleaner. 

I normally only wax my car every 4-6 weeks so I’m the normal range for buttery wax without worrying about build up. Do you guys think laying the brilliant glaze and then applying buttery wax will produce a better shine then just buttery wax alone?  Fully understanding that it may not last but trying to figure out if adding the glaze under the wax will add anything or if it’s really meant to add shine for those who want to apply something every 1-2 weeks without worrying about buildup.  

No "one right way" to do it. Test both, see what you like. It's a great product!