Customer Service 866.965.0400

Surface Prep

Black Bowtie

Question

Can the Adams Surface Prep be used to prep trim when I use Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating, or do I have to use the Trim Prep? Why I ask is I only have the Surface Prep at this time and my local dealer does not carry the Trim Prep.

3 answers to this question

23 hours ago, falcaineer said:

You can use TRC instead on the trim.

I am going to use the TRC, but did not know if I needed to follow up with the Trim Prep after? This sentence is from the description for Trim Prep. 

This product was developed in unison with our Surface Prep to take care of the bulk of the dirt, while the Surface Prep is a final wipe product to remove any left behind surfactants or residues from Trim Cleaner."

Main reason I ask is I purchased this truck new this spring and there is a ton of plastic trim on it and want to do it right the first time and not have to correct a problem after the fact.

11 hours ago, Black Bowtie said:

I am going to use the TRC, but did not know if I needed to follow up with the Trim Prep after? This sentence is from the description for Trim Prep. 

This product was developed in unison with our Surface Prep to take care of the bulk of the dirt, while the Surface Prep is a final wipe product to remove any left behind surfactants or residues from Trim Cleaner."

Main reason I ask is I purchased this truck new this spring and there is a ton of plastic trim on it and want to do it right the first time and not have to correct a problem after the fact.

Use one or the other, no need for both.