Customer Service 866.965.0400

"Routine" after Americana ....

Kyle.E.Woyote

Question

Hi there, first post..

I've recently converted to Adam's through my friends and was wondering on a good routine...

For wax, I'm using Americana (over B.Glaze) after a fresh, claybar, compound, and polish w/swirlkiller. Killer fresh start, amazing results.

I'm going to finish applying the B.Glaze and Americana tonight, but I'm curious on the maintenance/top-up thereafter.

My ole Buick doesn't ever see rain, (barely even a wash in years) is garaged and always covered. short drives here and there, occasional track visits.

Is detail spray the way to go? I have seen Ceramic boost mentioned in a vid even works over top of Americana for a lil extra somethin' somethin'?

I appreciate any input all!!

thumbnail_kyle_e_woyote_BHDzoibAAiI.jpg

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Kyle.E.Woyote said:

Hi there, first post..

I've recently converted to Adam's through my friends and was wondering on a good routine...

For wax, I'm using Americana (over B.Glaze) after a fresh, claybar, compound, and polish w/swirlkiller. Killer fresh start, amazing results.

I'm going to finish applying the B.Glaze and Americana tonight, but I'm curious on the maintenance/top-up thereafter.

My ole Buick doesn't ever see rain, (barely even a wash in years) is garaged and always covered. short drives here and there, occasional track visits.

Is detail spray the way to go? I have seen Ceramic boost mentioned in a vid even works over top of Americana for a lil extra somethin' somethin'?

I appreciate any input all!!

thumbnail_kyle_e_woyote_BHDzoibAAiI.jpg

Awesome shine! 

My go-to for POP was BG then Americana. Now it's Graphene. My car has the graphene coating and I use Graphene Detail Spray as a drying agent. OMG it surpasses BG+Americana. Plus it's extremely durable and every single wash since application is super, super, super easy. 

I am not joking when I say the full Graphene line are the best products Adam's has ever developed, and I've been an Adam's fanatic since 2009 (On the forums since 2013). 

My BG and Americana are shelved for now, and that was no easy sell. Graphene is 100% where it's at!

10 hours ago, Kyle.E.Woyote said:

Awesome, thanks guys...Order #3 in as many weeks coming up then!!!

..."Now" I should be set for a while....lol

The Adams promise: 'Just one more order and I'll be set'. :D

We all say it, we all think it, but chasing that shine leads to the inevitable. If you ordered the Graphene Ceramic Coating, BE ABSOLUTELY SURE you watch the application video, read the how-to on the forums, and set aside ample time to get it done. If you follow the instructions, it's stupid easy to get a perfect coating. The UV light is a must-have to find any high spots before the coating cures.

Good luck!

Yes, thank you and noted!

I'll continue with the supplies I've accumulated until they dwindle and I'll give more thought to going full ceramic..

I will grab the ceramic detail spray in the meantime to get my feet wet though...

For me I do exactly as you for my ‘68 Firebird.  All my other vehicles are coated, but the ‘68 is the one I like to be mor3 personal with.  I like polishing with Americana, gives me time relax and enjoy the polishing!!  Can’t beat the results of BG and Americana!!