Customer Service 866.965.0400

How can I avoid streaking/film on interior chrome plastic trim and door handles?

Zunami

Question

I typically use Leather & Interior Cleaner or Interior Detail Spray, with an Edgeless MF Utility Towel, when cleaning all of the interior components, but find that it leaves the chrome pieces dull and/or streaky. I notice it the most on the interior door handles, which have a smooth finish. It is less noticeable on more textured components, like the volume knobs and such. Any tips?

3 answers to this question

I use Interior Detailer with no problems, EXCEPT that as soon as you touch it.........fingerprints or smears. Looks great until then.  Doesn't matter what you use, you're going to have that.  Same with the black plastic where we touch to shut the doors.  

How old is the car and what is the condition of the interior?  From my experience the interior detailer is more of a cleaner that adds a little protection but not really meant to revitalize worn trim so depending on the actual condition of the interior that may impact the results and there is a chance that dirt is hiding the dullness and once cleaned it is exposing the true finish of the trim. 

As far as the streaking how much product are you using and are you spraying it on the surface or directly on the towel?  While in the video Adam sprays it directly on the seats the instructions state to spray it in a towel. I normally just spray a few sprays in a towels and wipe each panel and the results are great with no smearing or streaking. As with most Adams products a little seems to go a long way so unless something is caked with dirt a few sprays in a towel should be more the enough. 

After I wipe with Interior Detailer I go back after cleaning my glass with a dry MF towel to wipe any streaks away. My truck has a lot of glossy "wood" trim as well and some chrome door handles so I see a lot of these streaks. I think it's just the nature of the beast when it comes to glossy plastics.