Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Detail Spray

Trap

Question

The last couple of times I have tried to use my Graphene Detail Spray to finish of the car after a wash.

I usually use an Air Cannon to get rid of most of the water then spray on the Graphene Detail Spray before wiping it off.  After I apply the spray I am getting little bits of white that look like curdled milk. They are a pain to get rid of.  I do shake the bottle and it never happened when I first starting doing it this way.

I use a drying towel the a gray borderless micro fiber towel to final dry and buff.

Am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

Trap

17 answers to this question

Hi Al,

While I have not experienced this problem with the Graphene Detail Spray, but I have experienced something similar with another product, albeit multiple years ago.  The problem was that I had let the product get too hot.  I was keeping the product exposed in my garage which can get 95 or 35c or more during the summer.  I have not had the problem since I started storing my products in a climate controlled room.  I don't know it this is the cause of you problem, but I do know it has been rather hot across Alberta recently.

14 hours ago, RayS said:

Hi Al,

While I have not experienced this problem with the Graphene Detail Spray, but I have experienced something similar with another product, albeit multiple years ago.  The problem was that I had let the product get too hot.  I was keeping the product exposed in my garage which can get 95 or 35c or more during the summer.  I have not had the problem since I started storing my products in a climate controlled room.  I don't know it this is the cause of you problem, but I do know it has been rather hot across Alberta recently.

Well your bang on about it being hotter than normal, so you may be on to something here, it on seems to be with the product in the spray bottle (that originally came with the kit) What's left in the gallon jug seems to be ok so far. 

I am surprised that no one from Adam's has responded to this thread. My Gallon jug is also now full of white crud looking like curdled milk. It has not been that hot lately, and no where on it can I find that it say's to store in a cool place. I purchased the spray in Feb or March so it is not that old. 

My only concern is what am I loosing by straining off the crud. It does not seem to want to break down with shaking. 

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

While we do get reps from Adam's chiming in here from time to time this is really a user-to-user forum.

Your best bet is to contact customer service via voice or email.  They should be able to help you.

Agreed.  Hardly ever see anyone from Customer Service or from Adam's on here.  Give them a call.

OK I did contact Adam's Customer Support. They said I was having separation issue and that it shouldn't hurt the product. I am not sure about that as I have to strain off the product that has gelled or curded. So I am definitely loosing some of the product. It does seem to be working but I do not have a new bottle to compare it to. I really like using this product as a drying agent when was the vehicle, just not happy that I have 3/4 of a gallon to use up that is like this.

I have been storing it in the basement since that was mentioned about the heat. I guess if it was a common problem others would have experienced it. 

Edited by Trap

I just got a gallon of it, and it's a different color for sure than the one I'm just about out of.  I'm going to have to watch it closely.  I know I had NO issues with the last gallon, so this one being a different color, I'll be watching for what you're describing.  So much has changed recently with Adam's.  

Have any of you used it on a car that has just had wax on it. I tried it on my Jeep and the Graphene Detail Spray left it feeling like an unwaxed car. It did not feel slick and smooth. When I strained out the white curdles I had about 3 ounces of it come out of the 3/4's of a gallon I had left. The Jeep did look nice and shiny but felt unfinished.

9 hours ago, Trap said:

Have any of you used it on a car that has just had wax on it. I tried it on my Jeep and the Graphene Detail Spray left it feeling like an unwaxed car. It did not feel slick and smooth. When I strained out the white curdles I had about 3 ounces of it come out of the 3/4's of a gallon I had left. The Jeep did look nice and shiny but felt unfinished.

Mixing product families can sometimes cause issues.

10 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Mixing product families can sometimes cause issues.

That could be very true in this case. I guess I am a little gun shy and frustrated with the problems I am having with the Graphene Detail Spray. I  like the way it looks but have to wonder what it is has lost with the 3 ounces of separation that I had to skim off of the remaining 3/4 of a gallon. 

6 hours ago, Trap said:

That could be very true in this case. I guess I am a little gun shy and frustrated with the problems I am having with the Graphene Detail Spray. I  like the way it looks but have to wonder what it is has lost with the 3 ounces of separation that I had to skim off of the remaining 3/4 of a gallon. 

Call Adam's back and tell them you are not satisfied and you would either prefer a refund or a replacement gallon, and offer to return your unused product. Those two words, 'not satisfied' are all you need to get them to take action. Good luck!

I have not had this issue. I also store my products in my garage inside cabinets. They don't sit out or get any sun. 

I always shake up the bottle before use and haven't had any issues at all. I also have not ordered a gallon of Graphene detail spray, I have 2 16 oz bottles of it.

Something seems wrong if it's doing that. That exactly is separating? That is the question as if something is doing that in the product then something could be chemically wrong.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

I have not had this issue. I also store my products in my garage inside cabinets. They don't sit out or get any sun. 

I always shake up the bottle before use and haven't had any issues at all. I also have not ordered a gallon of Graphene detail spray, I have 2 16 oz bottles of it.

Something seems wrong if it's doing that. That exactly is separating? That is the question as if something is doing that in the product then something could be chemically wrong.

Thanks Daniel, that kind of reflects my thinking, I was just trying to see if this was an isolated incident or a little more common. 

Seems like I am the only one with the issue, all my products are stored in a cabinet in an attached heated garage with only one small window that faces north.

I have been happy with all of the other Adam's products and accessories I have gotten so far. So I will give them a call again tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Trap said:

Thanks Daniel, that kind of reflects my thinking, I was just trying to see if this was an isolated incident or a little more common. 

Seems like I am the only one with the issue, all my products are stored in a cabinet in an attached heated garage with only one small window that faces north.

I have been happy with all of the other Adam's products and accessories I have gotten so far. So I will give them a call again tomorrow.

In the end, it could just be a bad batch. It happens sometimes during the blend process. Send an email to orders@adamspolishes.com, it's usually faster than calling. Pics, if available, and an order number would really help the team, too.

Just  to give a heads up I did contact Adam's today and they are sending out a replacement for my original. Glad to see they stand behind there products, but really happy to hear that it was not a common issue. 

Thanks all for your help.