Customer Service 866.965.0400

how to be rid of water spots?

exlr8rvette

Question

6 answers to this question

Adam's has a product, the water spot remover.

Depending on how long the water spots have been on your car, it may or may not be removed by the liquid remover. Also read the instructions, or else if you overspray or leave it on too long it can seriously mess up your paint/glass.

This happened Around 10 a m. Overspray from landscaping. Got on passenger side of hood and fender. I washed Vette around 2 and tried removing with Adams blue wax (use to be called Revive), then buttery, then glaze. Some etching has occurred. Then borrowed drill buffer from neighbor and a product he had. Made me nervous so quit. I am ordering the Adams water spot remover first thing in morning. Some water spotting with etching on Corvette hood vents. Vette is in garage with car cover.

The water spot remover video looks good. Has anyone used this? Any words of wisdom? Think I will apply detail spray first then this. I do not have waterless wash ( except for some that is 10 plus years old).  IS THERE A LOCAL STORE I CAN PICK THIS UP FROM? sounds like the sooner the better. I am in Oakland California and San Ramon Valley.

Thank you

19 hours ago, exlr8rvette said:

The water spot remover video looks good. Has anyone used this? Any words of wisdom? Think I will apply detail spray first then this. I do not have waterless wash ( except for some that is 10 plus years old).  IS THERE A LOCAL STORE I CAN PICK THIS UP FROM? sounds like the sooner the better. I am in Oakland California and San Ramon Valley.

Read and follow the instructions carefully. Do not let it dwell for long or dry, and neutralize with Waterless Wash (not APC or other chemicals). Check with your local GM dealership, or this link to see if someone near you has the Waterless Wash.

https://adamspolishes.com/apps/store-locator/

I agreed machine polishong is another good option, here's an article that could help.

I don't think a day is long enough for it to etch into your paint. It should probably be fine.

I've used the Water Spot remover with good results. You can keep repeating the process as long as you neutralize it with waterless wash or even water I guess.

I've used water spot remover, also something as simple as a new car wash (although time consuming) sometimes works. 

But the best solution is what I just bought. The $400 water deionizer. I bought mine from Adams for the easiest solution. Works like a champ. 

Only had it for 2 weeks, but for 2 cars so far - its done a great job. 

Adam's Portable Spotless Water Deionizer

10 reviews

$399.99

Edited by Resjudicata22