Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing chemical stains from driveway?

Mysticine

Not really a vehicle question, but... I wash my vehicles in the same spot on my driveway,  and based on the stain locations, it's very clear that either my wheel cleaner or tire/rubber cleaner are staining the driveway. I've tried just blasting the stains off with a pressure washer and had no success. Any product you'd recommend? (The driveway is asphalt, and the stains are a contrasting light grey.)

I notice this issue on my neighbor's asphalt driveway.  It could be either product, but I would guess the Tire & Rubber Cleaner is worse, since it is going to affect the oil in the asphalt.  Wetting the driveway may help dilute the product on the surface, but it might not resolve the issue.  You could run the hose near each tire so that there is a flow of water to help with dilution.

Also, if you live in a climate with winters, you should have your driveway seal-coated to make it last longer.  The seal-coating helps keep water out of the pores, where the water will freeze and cause damage over time.

I have the same problem with my asphalt drive way, we seal it every year but it still soaks up the blue wheel cleaner and leaves white stains. 

Spraying the driveway before helps, but since our driveway isn't perfectly straight; the pools of cleaner collect in spots. 

But I'll take a messy driveway in exchange for some clean wheels and cars.