Customer Service 866.965.0400

Older guy getting back into detailing

22crew

Question

As the title states, when I was younger I would wash and take care of my vehicles, basically because I had nothing better to do.  Life happens and you all know how that goes.  I have had my truck for 18 years, for being a 20 year old truck she looks amazing.  My car was a divorce present to myself 11 years ago after an assignment to Korea.  Both are stored during the winter.  I just want to make them pop more than usual.  The truck could probably use a good clay bar, the car seems ok.  I just found out about Adams Polishes and ordered the Waterless wash, have not used it yet, but looking forward to see how it works out on my truck; which gets driven about 2-300 miles a year.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Aaron

truck_1.jpg

truck_2.jpg

car_1.jpg

5 answers to this question

Welcome to the Forum Aaron.

My old red truck went away after 24 years and I ended up with a new red truck.  Here's one of my older threads that you might enjoy.  Your 20 year old truck looks way better than my 24 year old one did.  It had 125,000 miles after 24 years and it was outside 24/7/365.  

The chrome grill in your truck is one that will take some time, but can really be made to pop.  Poke around the forum and ask questions, there are many help folks on here.

Welcome to the forum! :welcomebanner:  I'm an "older" guy too (75), and just spent the day detailing my Equinox (black) before winter starts.  I get real good results with the Spray Graphene Coating, but I also take the time to follow all the steps and do it right (wash, clay, polish, prep, coat).  I'll have to get some pics tomorrow.  Looks pretty darn good.  But the spray coating is a lot more forgiving and easier to apply than the regular graphene products.  Lasts about a year with proper maintenance.  

Nice looking truck youngster!!  :cheers:

Welcome to the forum,  I guess I fall into that old category myself. Will be 65 next month. I think you will really like Adam's waterless wash, that is one of my favorites.

I'm just about ready to tackle my first Graphene Ceramic coating this week. 

On 9/19/2021 at 5:58 PM, 22crew said:

As the title states, when I was younger I would wash and take care of my vehicles, basically because I had nothing better to do.  Life happens and you all know how that goes.  I have had my truck for 18 years, for being a 20 year old truck she looks amazing.  My car was a divorce present to myself 11 years ago after an assignment to Korea.  Both are stored during the winter.  I just want to make them pop more than usual.  The truck could probably use a good clay bar, the car seems ok.  I just found out about Adams Polishes and ordered the Waterless wash, have not used it yet, but looking forward to see how it works out on my truck; which gets driven about 2-300 miles a year.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Aaron

truck_1.jpg

truck_2.jpg

car_1.jpg

Check out the cs3 and other sprays like detail spray for some pop.