Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polisher getting stuck

cbaker

Question

Hi all- having an issue with polishing that I'm hoping I'm not alone on... at random times, the pad gets caught up and doesn't rotate, almost like I am pushing too hard, or its not level, but this is occurring even when I am hardly putting pressure on the polisher and trying to keep it as steady as possible. I know it's getting caught up as I have a black sharpie mark on the side of the pad so I can see the rotation (or lack thereof). Does anyone have any tips to help with this? I've been detailing for years but the issue is so annoying that I can't figure out how to stop the pad from getting jammed up!

Thanks!

CJ

2 answers to this question

If it is large orbit polisher (not a Porter Cable type D/A) they want to run with the pad as level to the surface as possible - no tipping back/front or side/side.  It took me some time to learn this technique, but the pad will still stop spinning where it catches a body line. 

Best solution for that is change to a smaller pad.  I did most of a Porsche Cayenne with a 3" pad due to all the rounded body lines.